Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Where are you from and where do you live?

I was born on the coast of California, currently living in the desert of California (and hating it, I might add.) I'm a beach girl at heart and I want to go back to the beach.

I was born on the coast of California, currently living in the desert of California (and hating it, I might add.) I'm a beach girl at heart and I want to go back to the beach.
Do you think it’s possible for you to move back closer to the beach?

I'm currently living in the Los Angeles area. Drove out here with my college girlfriend (now wife) in 2001 to try and make it as an editor.

I grew up in Maryland and moved to the Boston area when I was 15.

I also lived in Kenya for 3 months during a high school exchange program (which sadly doesn't exist anymore because of the embassy booming) and I lived 1 year in Grenoble, France during an exchange program my junior year in college. I'm going to push my kids to do an exchange program somewhere as well. Both experiences were amazing.

How about everyone else?

I currently live in England, UK and I still live here now. I still live in the same town that I was born in as well and as much as this is my hometown and where I grew up, it's a shame to see it not being taken care of as much as it should have been.

Never really thought about living anywhere else if I am honest with all my family being here.

Never really thought about living anywhere else if I am honest with all my family being here.
It is hard without family nearby. It's the main reason we think of moving back as my parents are getting older. We can now especially with my job as I can now work anywhere.

But it's hard to uproot and move across the entire United States especially with kids. It's up to my wife though. I'm the one who moved us out here. She decides where we live next. Maybe after she gets her next credential next year she'll think about it she said. Watch that's when my job will say we can't be remote anymore. 🤣

Until then we'll spend an insane amount of money flying back east once a year. Seriously ticket prices are so expensive now. And it's x5.

It is hard without family nearby. It's the main reason we think of moving back as my parents are getting older. We can now especially with my job as I can now work anywhere.

But it's hard to uproot and move across the entire United States especially with kids. It's up to my wife though. I'm the one who moved us out here. She decides where we live next. Maybe after she gets her next credential next year she'll think about it she said. Watch that's when my job will say we can't be remote anymore. 🤣

Until then we'll spend an insane amount of money flying back east once a year. Seriously ticket prices are so expensive now. And it's x5.
I can only imagine how much plane tickets must cost you. Even things such as train tickets have doubled in price where I live and I haven't looked at plane tickets yet but I can imagine they would be an eye-watering price.

I can only imagine how much plane tickets must cost you. Even things such as train tickets have doubled in price where I live and I haven't looked at plane tickets yet but I can imagine they would be an eye-watering price.
Yeah it almost costs $5k to fly back sometimes if you include the rental car. 😱

I don't know how people do it. Thankfully I make good money but it goes away so quickly.

We're going to go to Universal Studios this weekend (never been) to celebrate my 6th grader graduating elementary school and it'll cost 700 to 850 for all of us. 😱🤯😱 We're thinking of doing the higher price tickets (179 vs 149) as the higher price will allow us to come back as many times as we want in 9 months but the 149 is ONE DAY. Seriously how do people do it? Is everyone in crazy debt?

I'm a firm believer in no debt and I pay off the credit card each month. Only loan I have is my mortgage which I'm trying to pay off quick.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest