Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved Anybody see the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Rocket Loader, that's literally not how RL works; you either get the assets inlined into the page or you get them proxied via ajax.cloudflare.com as their advisory notes for updating your CSP setup if you have one. (CSPs are very good for breaking things!)

Since the assets here seem to be served through the usual XF routes and not combined/minified the way RL would normally do, it's not a stretch to suggest that RL is in fact not present.

The calls out to datadog are third party, they're not routed via the same connection that AJ is itself (at least, theoretically; they might be shunted via the nearest edge on CloudFlare if they're using that as a proxy), but whatever correlation you're seeing is just that - an occasional correlation.

For me, I have all the datadog requests blocked via uBlock Origin, and I rarely see the CloudFlare error as you have - but it's because the end server is returning a 5xx error code, not that RL has stuffed something up, because again that's literally not how RL works.

It's not Rocket Loader, that's literally not how RL works; you either get the assets inlined into the page or you get them proxied via ajax.cloudflare.com as their advisory notes for updating your CSP setup if you have one. (CSPs are very good for breaking things!)

Since the assets here seem to be served through the usual XF routes and not combined/minified the way RL would normally do, it's not a stretch to suggest that RL is in fact not present.

The calls out to datadog are third party, they're not routed via the same connection that AJ is itself (at least, theoretically; they might be shunted via the nearest edge on CloudFlare if they're using that as a proxy), but whatever correlation you're seeing is just that - an occasional correlation.

For me, I have all the datadog requests blocked via uBlock Origin, and I rarely see the CloudFlare error as you have - but it's because the end server is returning a 5xx error code, not that RL has stuffed something up, because again that's literally not how RL works.
I’m not gonna lie, I have no idea what RL is, so if there’s anything I can do to improve on my end, feel free to let me know. :D

RL = Rocket Loader, me being too lazy to type the extra letters.

It's an option in CloudFlare to bundle up the JavaScript and CSS from the page and send them on ahead of the page itself so you only serve one file with all the things rather than multiple things individually requestetd - but there's no evidence of Rocket Loader doing that here, and it breaks most things it touches anyway.

but there's no evidence of Rocket Loader doing that here, and it breaks most things it touches anyway.
Yeah, I remember many a time folks had "issues" with the editor in XF... and it ended up being because they were using CloudFlare and Rocket<exp>Loader was enabled.

I think the menu's been rejigged lately so it doesn't have the need to scroll.

Ive actually seen the error page that @Tracy just posted twice while browsing the site. Figured it for a fluke or low end hosting. Although, as I said, have only seen it twice.

Back to the CF 520 error I regularly get.. this seems to be an issue with HTTP2 to Origin in CloudFlare and certain HTTP setups.... @Cedric, if y'all have this enabled here... have you tried disabling it?

I have yet to disable it. I’m away though, but if I remind to do so tonight then I’ll do so. You might need to remind me though. 😅

Sorry for the delay. HTTP2 to Origin has been disabled. Let me know if that helps or didn’t. :)

Sorry for the delay. HTTP2 to Origin has been disabled. Let me know if that helps or didn’t. :)
I haven't had the issue for the last day or so... was busy today mowing the yard then either twisting or breaking my ankle in a mole run that I didn't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest