Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved Anybody see the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 4.58.52 AM.png

This is the view on a Mac Mini using Chrome with the Admin Junkies 2.0 style. Mere does not present this issue.

What, the issue is that the menu is too wide for the size of window you have, and thus you have a scroll-right arrow on the right hand side to scorll out to the right?

What, the issue is that the menu is too wide for the size of window you have, and thus you have a scroll-right arrow on the right hand side to scorll out to the right?
Look a the placement of the arrow and its highlight. It should NOT be overwriting a link. If it can't fully show that menu link, then the arrow should be placed before it, NOT over it.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 5.05.16 AM.png

It’s because I added a home tab for the website. I’ve been meaning to condense it, but haven’t had the chance.

Adding a home tab should not have caused an issue... it should still place the arrow to the right of the text and not over it.
Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 5.18.42 AM.png

Oh you’re talking about the overlay, it’s just the way it was designed. But you’re right, that does look awkward. I’ll have it fixed.

Look a the placement of the arrow and its highlight. It should NOT be overwriting a link. If it can't fully show that menu link, then the arrow should be placed before it, NOT over it.

View attachment 635
Eh, that's just your opinion. I've seen this exact thing enough over the years (even long before the current trends) that it just doesn't bother me any more.

Hell, Bootstrap's basic carousel does this *by design* on every carousel where the item is a link. Plenty of folks don't see this as a bug - the fact that I had to prompt you to explain what you thought was a bug here should be kind of telling.

It's still a design error whether you have seen it around "for ages" or not. And I'm sorry, putting the caret in the middle of text is not "good design".
It's like putting a check engine light in the middle of the speedometer numbers.

It's normal. It even shows you the arrow for the option to run to the following options
No, it's a design choice (or mistake).

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 5.53.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 5.54.08 PM.png

Notice the location of the "arrow"... no matter how it's resized, it's located to the RIGHT of the text... not sitting over it like the example shown for here.

This sample is from the Theme Mere in the following sample you can notice the arrow you click she runs

View attachment 651
Remind me.... who does that theme and the new one.... if your answer is the same person... then it's a design style issue that is not a friendly UI interface. You should NEVER be overlaying a menu directly with another choosable option. To do otherwise is poor UIX.

Guess you've never seen a carousel made in Bootstrap anywhere then, because they've been doing that since Bootstrap 3 (2013).

I get you think it's a bug - but enough other people just don't agree with you out here in the web design world. Also, it's not UIX (this is nothing to do with User Interface XML) - it's specifically a UX issue, not a UI issue, and even in this thread you have multiple people whose reaction was to shrug and move on, not seeing it as a bug.

Please don't get into the habit you normally get into on TAZ of repeating yourself 73 times because you feel a need to be right, it's reported, move on already.

Please don't get into the habit you normally get into on TAZ of repeating yourself 73 times because you feel a need to be right, it's reported, move on already.
If someone responds, I respond back. You can simply ignore it.
And YES, it is STILL a design issue.... you may overlook it because "I've seen it elsewhere", but the simple fact is... you don't put two options over each other that are selectable. It is NOT a friendly design choice, and in THIS case, it IS a design choice.
Apparently this is a "feature" with some of his styles.... and it's poorly designed from my point of view as it's two selectable choices overlapping each other, which is NOT a good design choice, when the script is clearly capable of not doing that. I noticed that the PixelExit style over on TAZ does similar.... so it's not restricted to D'oh Themes.
The biggest issue with it is the gradient tends to draw attention to it.

Curios.. is Rocket<exp>Loader enabled at CF for the site?

Last edited:
Survey says no; there's nothing referenced from ajax.cloudflare.com, though CF Web Analytics are enabled.
Somewhere in the stack uses it... looks like a data monitoring service in the stack somewhere..

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 3.36.21 PM.png
I notice the CF issues of getting an error on the page and after refreshing, usually see the above in the error list.

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 2.04.02 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest