Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WYR Would You Rather - Webmaster Edition #4

Explore compelling dilemmas with our bi-monthly 'Would You Rather' debates, where participants engage in lively discussions weighing two contrasting scenarios. Perfect for critical thinkers and decision-making enthusiasts!

Would you rather manage/create content in-house or outsource content creation to freelancers?

• I or my staff team would create all content for my website

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I would hire people outside of the community to help create content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
We’re curious to know your thoughts on a common webmaster dilemma! We're running a quick poll to gather your opinions on what matters more to you when it comes to websites.

🤔 The Dilemma:​

What would you rather do?
a) You and your staff team would create all the content for your website
b) Hire people outside the community/freelancers to help create content

Looking forward to seeing which side tips the scale and diving into your insights and experiences on this!

What are the pros and cons of each choice?

My personal opinion on it is this. Noone should know your niche as well as you, except others in the same space, and they are your competition. Hiring outside help can increase the volume of content but rarely is it going to be as good as what is created by someone that is in the same niche, has the same interest etc. Put another way. Hire if you must, but review everything before its posted and edit as needed to maintain quality.

My personal opinion on it is this. No one should know your niche as well as you, except others in the same space, and they are your competition. Hiring outside help can increase the volume of content but rarely is it going to be as good as what is created by someone that is in the same niche, has the same interest etc. Put another way. Hire if you must, but review everything before its posted and edit as needed to maintain quality.
I couldn't have said this any better.

I have had people come from the outside to help in-house to open up more ideas fixes and improvements but that's still the niche that other sites don't have going ;) and still in-house by all means. And I voted that all people should do it themselves or the team.

What's the damn point of spending money and time to open the site that you did nothing for and got someone else to do the work then leave.

What would you rather do?
b) Hire people outside the community/freelancers to help create content

Depends.

Happy to either do it myself or let the team do it, as long as its not a distraction or take away from running the website or other content etc. ALSO you might find people can be experts in a field but find it difficult to create content for a website, some people (like myself included here) find it difficult to articulate what they are thinking and put it to paper, or have short attention spans.

Hiring outside help might be a great idea, but they would obviously need to know and understand what your niche or topic extensively, also its potentially costing you additional money to hire, plus you will need to check every detail to make sure its ok.

There actually is a solution that kind of meets you half way.. and dare I say it, but AI can really assist in this. AI can be very useful in getting the bare bones for content on a website, especially for those that are lacking imagination or enthusiasm like myself. Let AI to the hard lifting then you can just come in and tidy up around the edges and you can create content really quickly after you have used it for awhile.

This one is slightly difficult to answer. On one hand, in-house content creation allows for greater control, consistency, and a deeper understanding of the brand. It also fosters collaboration and promotes a sense of ownership among the team. On the other hand, outsourcing content creation to freelancers can provide fresh perspectives and expertise but may require more coordination and communication to align with brand values and maintain consistency. I think ultimately, the decision depends on resources, objectives, and the desired level of control we are seeking.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest