Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you pay for traffic?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Traffic is one of most important growth any forum targets. Without traffic, it's going to be very difficult for your forum to be recognised and it's going almost impossible for you to earn from your website. Getting organic traffic is always very difficult and it requires a lot of work. Having this in mind, would you consider paying for traffic for a time being till you start getting organic traffic?

Personally...for my niche.. not likely.
It is a VERY limited area and it's honestly not that cheap to get involved in it at the upper level, which is where I would want my "posters" to be. Hell, I can post "what is better, this or that" posts myself. I want authoritative responses to posts in answers or authoritative articles generated. These type of "features" work well for simple forums that require no great technical knowledge.

I was on a forum where I won money on a website that allowed me to buy some with the reward money. I did that a few times to use up the reward money, and honestly most of the posts were meh and didn't feel organic. I have found the post exchanges or posting packages are a bit more organic at least and feel more real and more content can come from those posts.

I dunno if paying for content/traffic is that great anyway.
Most of the time it's just another account that replies to the same threads or makes the typical generic topics. Niche forums possibly even more so because the traffic isn't natural.

Short term, yes, long term no. I mean, it's great when you start out your forum and need to build some momentum to get in the flow. But there's usually the issue of low quality with these types of things. So, it's better to avoid this and instead focus on content and if you must pay for content, than that's better in long term.

If I was to ever consider paying for traffic it would definitely be done short term and never long term. Short-term would give you the boost you need for a new site and would help to an extent but if you were to take advantage of it, it could lead to issues.

Honestly I don't think I'd ever pay for traffic for my websites. I might do so to help boost my Youtube channel, however.

Honestly I don't think I'd ever pay for traffic for my websites. I might do so to help boost my Youtube channel, however.
That could be productive for a youtube! Follow for follows are also good for that - but comments of course help too.

I would pay for traffic, as in coming from ads on social media. I wouldn't buy traffic from cheap traffic sources. It's not very trustworthy, hence why it is so cheap. Of course, another form of traffic is from Google or Bing's ad system. That might be a consideration also.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest