Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you buy a forum that didn't have revenue?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Would you consider buying a forum that didn't have any revenue? It's a thought-provoking topic that delves into the value we assign to online communities beyond monetary returns. I'm eager to hear your perspectives and experiences on this matter.

When it comes to acquiring a forum, revenue is often seen as a crucial factor in assessing its worth. After all, we invest our time, effort, and resources into building and maintaining our communities, and it's only natural to expect some financial returns. However, there are instances where a forum may not generate revenue but still holds significant value in other ways.

Firstly, let's consider the non-monetary benefits of owning a forum. Online communities create connections, knowledge sharing, and collaboration among like-minded individuals. They create spaces for people to come together, discuss common interests, seek advice, and form meaningful relationships. The intrinsic value of facilitating these interactions and building a vibrant community can be immensely rewarding, even without financial gains.

Additionally, acquiring a forum without revenue potential could present unique opportunities for growth and innovation. With a solid foundation in place, you have the freedom to explore new monetization strategies, experiment with different revenue streams, and potentially unlock untapped potential. By leveraging your expertise, creativity, and understanding of the community's needs, you may discover innovative ways to generate income in the future.

Moreover, there are instances where the community itself holds immense value. A well-established forum with a loyal user base, high engagement, and valuable content can be an attractive asset for businesses or individuals seeking to expand their reach, enhance their brand, or complement their existing offerings. Acquiring such a forum could provide strategic advantages, opening doors to collaboration, partnerships, and new business opportunities.

What factors would you consider when evaluating its value? Have you encountered situations where non-monetary benefits outweighed financial considerations? Share your thoughts, insights, and experiences.

I just bought a domain that I'm going to make a site with that I'm for sure not going to make any money with. Thankfully it's easily paid for by my moneymaking site. :)

I think sure if it was a niche I was interested in I'd consider buying one.

Honestly I don't think I could bring myself to purchase a forum that wouldn't bring in any revenue. I prefer to have a forum as a hobby for one thing so money isn't a issue for me, but if I ended up purchasing a community I would hope to be making at least some of the money that I used to buy the site back by having the forum online.

These days I think there's potential to earn revenue from most decent sites - even just sticking adverts in them.

If it was a small, low activity forum within my niche, but had lots of posts, then I might consider it still. But more for the ability to direct traffic to my "main" site then to make money off of directly.

If I knew by making the investment in buying the forum I would be able to monetize the forum eventually and make back my investment as well as make a profit as well, this would be something I would consider.

I am not one for always monetizing all the sites I have, I do like to do it with some but not all but if I had put money into it, I would want to make something back.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest