Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management VIP section early on

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

The Raven

Credits
Almost all forums have VIP section and that's good, why not. You are rewarding people for their contribution to your forum, it's a way of saying "We see you as a part of family". Now, what happens when you make VIP section as soon as you made the forum? What is the purpose of it after all? Forum is empty with threads, member' contribution is slim to none and what is it that VIP can give, but regular membership can't?

Do you think giving VIP or having VIP early on will make members stay? May it be that they enjoy feeling special so they want to go around like a peacock? What is your opinion on this?

We all do on our forums/site however that being said at times I do not know how much to give them, what makes them want to pay and be VIP?

I have no members being VIP and most seems that VIP category is dead.

We all do on our forums/site however that being said at times I do not know how much to give them, what makes them want to pay and be VIP?

I have no members being VIP and most seems that VIP category is dead.
That's my point. It makes no sense to make VIP so early. Forum already needs posts there, why would people hide and chat in VIP. o_O

Unless you're giving out downloads or other content on your community for VIP members, you don't really need VIP membership right when you just start your community.

It's not about opening a VIP section early or not. Timing doesn't matter. You can offer a premium package from the very beginning.

What the OP is actually critiquing is that the admin didn't define the value of the VIP upgrade.

There are communities that offer private boards for charter members, for big boards, for all sorts of special groups. But the admin isn't following through on offering value - whether that's exclusive access, exclusive content, breaking news, etc.

It's not about opening a VIP section early or not. Timing doesn't matter. You can offer a premium package from the very beginning.

What the OP is actually critiquing is that the admin didn't define the value of the VIP upgrade.

There are communities that offer private boards for charter members, for big boards, for all sorts of special groups. But the admin isn't following through on offering value - whether that's exclusive access, exclusive content, breaking news, etc.
So far, no VIP section I've seen has proven beneficial in any way.

So far, no VIP section I've seen has proven beneficial in any way.
This may be because you haven't encountered ones that do offer such value. For example I know multiple community projects that offer private tech support/helpdesk tickets vs everyone else just getting community support as a VIP perk. I even wrote the ticket tracking system for one of them, many years ago.

I am not a fan of something that has to be paid, and mostly when it is on forums. That's my thought on it. I do understand you need money to keep this forum running, but for me, that's not VIP group job.
Well we don’t NEED it, but often people want to donate and a VIP membership is a great way to give back something to those who want to donate and support.

If you’re gonna run a forum and depend on income from VIP to keep it running, then you’re off to a wrong start. And shouldn’t bother to start with. But that is a complete other discussion.

Not a VIP section as such,,a password protected forum. Guest and validating cannot see it. It’s just to discuss more personal matters..family for example.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest