Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

"Unknown Caller" and Spam Calls

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
I keep getting all these spam calls recently, but now it has transitioned to "Unknown Caller" kind of creeps me out because I think it must be the same person calling me over and over and they never leave any voice mails.

Do you get any spam calls/unknown callers? Do you ever answer them?

Do you get any spam calls/unknown callers? Do you ever answer them?
Not as much as I used to. It's mostly people from India wanting my social security number. I mark those people as spam and add them to my blocked list.

I get spam callers all the time, most of the time they have a number that pops up but every once in a while I'll get a unknown number try to call me. I never pick up any spam calls, I let it ring and I'll look up the number then I'll block them if I know it's a scam.

I have an app installed that lets me know who is calling even if the number is not saved in my contacts. It's called "Truecaller". The app also highlights how many people have reported the numbers as spam/scam calls. If I don't identify the person, I just don't take the call. No matter how many times they call.

I don’t really answer almost any phone calls lol, but if an unknown number calls me a couple times and doesn’t leave a voicemail I just block it.
Most people I know just text me and if it’s not important enough to leave a voicemail I’m gonna assume it’s just spam

I get spam callers all the time, most of the time they have a number that pops up but every once in a while I'll get a unknown number try to call me. I never pick up any spam calls, I let it ring and I'll look up the number then I'll block them if I know it's a scam.

Do you ever mess with them for fun? 🤣

Spammers and scammers here now use spoofing technology that makes the call appear to come from a legit mobile phone number. If I don’t recognize the number I don’t answer anymore. If it’s legit and important they’ll leave a message.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest