Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling Products Vs. Selling Services

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
When it comes to making money online, there are two popular methods, one, selling products, and two, selling services. Selling products means, creating and manufacturing products or procuring products and then selling these products. Selling services means you offer your skills for money, for example, writing services, design services, etc.

I think selling a service is vastly different than selling products. At the heart of it, the main difference is that a product business sells physical, whereas a service business provides value through intangible skills, expertise and time.

They both can be profitable and the level of profit generated is dependent on what product you are selling or which services you intend to render.

Selling products require that your product is marketed and seen by the right audience who would be willing to pay for whatever products you want to sell.

Same rules applies if you intend to sell services.

For conveniences purposes I will prefer selling service since everything can be transacted digitally without any physical meeting requirements.
However physical products may be quite easier as creating of digital products that will mostly be on high demand is not always an easy task.

consider that selling a service is very dissimilar from selling a product.
The fundamental distinction is that a service business adds value through intangible talents, whereas a product business sells tangible goods.

The VAT applied on products is huge when coming from foreign countries to protect local products. That is why selling services are better.

Selling a service, in my opinion, differs greatly from selling goods. The fundamental distinction between the two is that a product business sells tangible goods, whereas a service business adds value by investing time, expertise, and intangible skills.

Personally, myself I find selling services is easier for me than selling products if I am honest and that is because I find I am able to offer the skills I have and enjoy doing what I do with the skills I have over selling a product. I have in the past looked into things such as drop shipping but there is so much that you have to go through for that, and it does seem complicated. I don't really have any skills to sell my own product so offering my skills is the best option.

I don't agree with this assertion. You can sell your services anywhere, but you will struggle to sell a product in some specific places.
Selling products is a bit easier for me. I sew clothes and have had good experiences with making nice outfits for my clients.

I’d love to sell my JavaScript services, but I don’t know where to do that without knowing JavaScript frameworks and more. Plus, I’ve never been a big fan of the freelancer services I’ve found. I’m sure it’d be easier to sell services than products for the most part, I just don’t know the proper approach to do so. The only place I’ve sold products is eBay.

consider that selling a service is very dissimilar from selling a product.
The fundamental distinction is that a service business adds value through intangible talents, whereas a product business sells tangible goods.
I personally do prefer the idea of selling service,because you will be the one to place a price tag on the service you are rendering to your clients.

I do it all.

I'll use my hiking brand for the sake of this topic.

I sell physical products which is merch for my brand (hoodies, tees, picture cards, and stickers).

I sell guided hiking and biking services which I would call physical products.

For digital products, I sell itinerary planning services and digital PDF-form hiking guides.

I've found that the physical products get me more money but digital products get me more sales. The digital ones are cheaper. The physical ones are not as cheap because they cost more to make or produce.

I of course am bad about advertising my own stuff. At least my eCommerce stuff. Every time I do market it, I get a good amount of sales. I just need to automate my marketing (which I am good at) and then it would likely increase.

My few cents :cool:

I personally do prefer the idea of selling service,because you will be the one to place a price tag on the service you are rendering to your clients.

If you are selling products, you can also put prices on the items that you sell. I don't see a big deal with that. To me, the idea of not being under pressure to sell is one advantage of selling a service because there is no challenge with how the product will expire or become outdated.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest