Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Retro Gaming

Cory

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Website
jcodes.jcink.net
Credits
What retro games do you miss playing the most?

I was addicted to Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, and Q*bert when we owned a working Super Nintendo. I know some of these are available on other platforms, but I'm just reminiscing about the past.

Pretty much all the retro games I played as a kid I now have via the magic of emulation - been into the emulation scene for a little over twenty years now, first the ZX Spectrum and then the Amiga.

It's also funny to me how the 'cult classics' of a given platform aren't the ones that I have the strongest memories of - everyone who was on the Spectrum talks about Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Ant Attack, Sabre Wulf, Jetpac, Knight Lore, Atic Atac... but we had none of those (we might have had Ant Attack, I didn't like it much, it was pretty hard to play), but I have strong memories of a Frogger clone, Psion's Voice Chess, Scrabble and a few others.

I really liked the text-based game for Lord and then the graphical game for Lord 2, maybe?

I probably missed words in there.

I've not played that in YEARS!

I've always like the idea of text-based games though.

SNES was the bomb diggy when I was a kid. I played MK, Beavis and Butthead SNES, and Super Punch Out.

I really liked the text-based game for Lord and then the graphical game for Lord 2, maybe?

I probably missed words in there.

I've not played that in YEARS!

I've always like the idea of text-based games though.
I haven't seen Legend of the Red Dragon in YEARS but every few years I swing by http://lotgd.net for the Green Dragon tribute version.

Also if you haven't seen it, absolutely give Kingdom of Loathing a spin.

I still miss playing Contra on Sega. I know that there's a lot of shooting games today on new gen consoles but Contra still feels differently.

I don't really miss them because I still have mine :p tinkering lets me upgrade my consoles which is why I have SCART cables for my genesis and my super nintendo and they go into a SCART to HDMI upscaler that has little to no latency. let's me play sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles in glorious RGB at 720p upscaled.

Sometimes I bring my atari2600 with me when I visit friends. It's an ancient console with a composite mod but my genesis controllers work on it and I have over a hundred carts for it after getting lucky with a $1 per cart bargain bin sale. Every Atari 2600 version of pacman, both versions of pitfall, burger time, tapper, galaxian, space invaders.

My Favorite game though would have to be the oldest one and I have it on my atari2600... Spacewar, literally the first video game, even before tic tac toe and pong. And the first to be played over a network. It's simple but a lot of people get into it and end up making their own rules as we play.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest