Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Putting a Price on Moderation: What's Your Worth as a Forum Admin

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
An intriguing topic has been circling in my mind lately, as I've seen this being offered before and I thought, "What better place to discuss this than here, with all of you seasoned pros?" When it comes to the role of a moderator or admin on a forum, we invest so much time, effort, and often a touch of our own personality to keep the community ticking.

So, if someone were to offer you a paid position as a moderator/admin, how would you determine your worth in monetary terms?

Experience Level
: Does the number of years in the game significantly influence your rate? Forum Specifics: How does the forum's size, activity, and nature play into your decision? Duty Calls: Are there specific tasks that you'd charge extra for, given their complexity or time consumption? Backend stuff? Regional Nuances: Do you adjust your rates based on the forum's geographic location or target audience? Perks and Benefits: Would you trade off a portion of the monetary compensation for additional perks?

Excited to hear your thoughts and experience. :)

I myself find that it can be difficult to earn what would be expected for a staff position on a forum unless the owner of the said forum is making quite a lot for their business.

At the moment I charge £35 a month to be a mod on a forum and be active daily and contributing but I do get some owners of forums who negotiate with me and we make an agreement on how much they will pay me each month for the position.

PLus how many hours a day you willing to be active
I tend to be on and off forums most of the day aside from when I am away from my PC to do things such as housework, cook or head out to get things I need from the store.

I would say I can spend anything from 1 - 4 hours a day on the forums that I am staff on being active and keeping activity flowing as well as ensuring the forum stays free from spam and issues with members :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest