Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Premium Memberships

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
Do you have some sort of VIP or Premium membership that users can pay for on your forum? Do you think this is a good idea? Tell me your thoughts.

Unless you have a huge forum I only see paid memberships working out really well if there is a product or download attached to the membership.

There are standard forum features like PM access/unlimited inbox, username colors, special forum access, banners, etc. I see get monetized, but again, I only think that stuff would sell well on huge forums.

There are standard forum features like PM access/unlimited inbox, username colors, special forum access, banners, etc. I see get monetized, but again, I only think that stuff would sell well on huge forums.
Generally but people also purchase premium membership on smaller forums to help the owner with running costs and because it's an awesome forum. That's why I decided to purchase it here not for the cool username color and the little dog icon next to my username even though that's cool... but to be able to show my support to @Aerodynamic :D

At the moment the forum I co-own has an option for members to be able to purchase account upgrades to support the forum, this is a choice they make and is an option there for them to choose if they wish to.

I am currently working on a forum I wish to open up in a few weeks myself that I would like to add some kind of premium membership to or like a supporter membership.

At the moment though the funds for the addon needed are not something I have so it would have to be something done through discussion with me on the forum and payment through PayPal directly until I could raise the funds to be able to implement more things to the forum that would better the forum. My only issue at the moment is things like what incentives to offer.

I don't want to. My forums where always been free to use. No money is to be paid as long as you are not there to cover your incompetence. Passive help is always free.

But if someone wants to use TeamViewer, I prefer they pay for the trouble.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest