Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Monetization & Advertising

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
When it comes to operating a website or forum, monetization and advertising play a big role in generating income. However, it's crucial to approach these things in a way that is ethical and transparent to users.

One thing I'd keep in mind is avoiding deceptive ads or practices. There is literally nothing worse than that. Hence why most run AdBlockers. This includes avoiding fake ads, pop-ups that seem like system messages, and ads that are hard to close or remove. It's also important for ads to be clearly labeled and distinguishable from regular content.

Another consideration is the user experience. Monetizing your website should never hinder the experience for your users. Overloading your website with too many ads, slow load times, or intrusive ads can negatively impact the user experience. Ads should also be placed in a way that doesn't disrupt the overall design and functionality of the website.

Also, it's important to be open about monetization with your members This includes disclosing any sponsored content, affiliate links, or other forms of monetization. This transparency builds trust with members and ensures they are aware of the financial motivations behind your website or forum.

The ethics and best practices of monetizing and advertising on a website or forum come down to treating your members with respect. By prioritizing the user experience, avoiding deceptive practices, and being transparent about monetization, you can establish a successful and ethical online community.

TLDR

Be honest, clearly label ads, prioritize user experience, be transparent about monetization, place ads in visible areas, use user-friendly formats, don't overload with too many ads, regularly assess and improve.

😄Is there a guide to setting up payment providers —for dummies?

But without all the creating and registering a new business entity and all that twisted legalese bollocks?

Been working at it for days and so far have only got the initial basic Stripe, PayPal & DragonByte in-forum payment profile templates done,...at which point everything apparently goes full hybridized computerXlegal sorcery.

All's i intend using it for, is to enable minor financial incentives for members creative contributions —of high quality, eg: Booksurfer's online novella - Gravel Rash

Like, $5nzd(500credz) for a user upgrade/or item that grants lifetime access to the complete 12 thrilling chapters of—& for replying within the—Gravel Rash forum—with Booksurfer receiving 100%(-2.7% Stripe or PayPal fees, 🤔i think)

Simple fact is i dont want any financial gain, i actually wanna throw my own money at members for a range of ideas i've got for competitons, prizes and stuff.

😭There's gotta be a simplistic way for mad newbie dum dums like me to accomplish this...😂

Is it true that if you do ads through Google that you aren't allowed to even bring it up in discussions with your members or ask them to click on the ads?
Yeah. Some even can't resist clicking the ads on their own website. Google will detect fraud clicking and disable the ads on your website.

😄Is there a guide to setting up payment providers —for dummies?

But without all the creating and registering a new business entity and all that twisted legalese bollocks?

Been working at it for days and so far have only got the initial basic Stripe, PayPal & DragonByte in-forum payment profile templates done,...at which point everything apparently goes full hybridized computerXlegal sorcery.

All's i intend using it for, is to enable minor financial incentives for members creative contributions —of high quality, eg: Booksurfer's online novella - Gravel Rash

Like, $5nzd(500credz) for a user upgrade/or item that grants lifetime access to the complete 12 thrilling chapters of—& for replying within the—Gravel Rash forum—with Booksurfer receiving 100%(-2.7% Stripe or PayPal fees, 🤔i think)

Simple fact is i dont want any financial gain, i actually wanna throw my own money at members for a range of ideas i've got for competitons, prizes and stuff.

😭There's gotta be a simplistic way for mad newbie dum dums like me to accomplish this...😂
Do you have accounts on places such as PayPal and Stripe @André if so, there is a way to be able to add them into Xenforo so you can accept payments for things such as credits on the forum and members can make purchases.

You can also do user upgrades within Xenforo as well :) if you need any help at all, please let me know :)

Is it true that if you do ads through Google that you aren't allowed to even bring it up in discussions with your members or ask them to click on the ads?
This is correct, anything that seems to be against their TOS such as clicking on your own ads or getting people to do the same thing on your site will end up with the ads removed from the site and I believe they also close the account down so you can no longer use it.

Do you have accounts on places such as PayPal and Stripe
View attachment 1275
😄Yeah, i bit the bullet and now have 2 @Paypal & 1 @Stripe.
@André if so, there is a way to be able to add them into Xenforo so you can accept payments for things such as credits on the forum and members can make purchases.
You can also do user upgrades within Xenforo as well :) if you need any help at all, please let me know :)
😃
🤩By the gods! Yes!

My main site has been 100% ad free since 2019 or 2020. Much better user experience and much better and steady revenue.

Money is made through user upgrades to unlock exclusive content.

@Bob 's "view full item" permission on his add-ons is an excellent way to implement this through user groups and upgrades.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest