Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Make money by being Staff?

ClicketyKat

Reputable member
Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Has anyone ever made money by being staff for a forum, or perhaps offering to organize someone's blog and keep it going? What kind of pay are we looking at for that and how many hours a week was it required of you. I've never gotten paid but at times I realize I work very hard and probably SHOULD get something out of it.

I have made money by becoming staff on forums, but in most cases, I earned as a posting package team member, I once earned $45 per week as a moderator on a forum, and I was supposed to work 3 hours every day.

I have earned money by joining the staff of forums, but I mostly did it as a part of the posting package team. However, I once received $20 per week as a forum moderator in exchange for working two hours per day.

I have earned cash by joining the staff of gatherings, but I for the most part did it as a portion of the posting bundle group. Be that as it may, I once gotten $30per week as a gathering mediator in trade for working two hours per day.

I have gained money by working as a member of staff for organizations, but I primarily did so as a member of the posting bundle group. However, for two hours a day of work, I once received $30 per week as a gathering mediator.

I can't say I have ever made any money by being staff on a forum for someone as it was never anything I thought of to be honest and I was doing it to help out rather than get something out of it. I have however seen people asking and offering to work for payment as a staff member and it does seem like it's a popular thing, definitely more popular than I thought it was. I think for me, it would be having the time to dedicate to a staff job on a forum.

Yes. I've had paid jobs but they were not on a forum. They were regular W-2 jobs and work from home at that. You were a moderator basically, yes. I also was a volunteer mod of a big Discord server for a popular free to play game, but they'd sometimes give us free stuff or so. It was moderating comments, images, videos, etc basically along with moderating the social media pages.

I can't think of a time when I've been a paid staff member, especially considering all of the boards I've been a staff member on are on free forum software.

I've been paid in the past to write promotional copy for tech companies - dull stuff that was old-school SEO-bait. It wasn't very interesting.

Forums, though, I've never been paid by any forum I've been a member or prospective staff of, mostly because I prefer to keep the lines clean. E.g. back in the days when DzinerStudio was pretty much *the* goto premium theme designer for SMF, I helped out because I liked helping out, and I liked supporting them - they offered me staff and free access to the themes, but I rather kept the subscription as-is and stayed non-staff, because it meant I was operating on my terms. I just find it avoids tricky entanglements down the line.

Not really forum staff, but I was part of the support team for a webhost, and my "payment" was a free low-end VPS. Didn't really use it, and the hours needed was not as fun as I thought, so I left.

Not on a forum, aside from earning credits for promotional items.

I'm paid to write for blogs though. One paid me by the hour. Another pays me by words in a post.

I am interested on knowing how payment by hours works. Does it have to do with how long you stay on the blog or what exactly?

Online I have never made any money being staff at a forum, offline I have made far money as an employee of a very reputed company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest