Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hi

Arantor

Cranky Curmudgeon
Silver Member
MOTM
Credits
Hi!

Going to keep this short, I have a tendency to waffle, and I don't normally do the introduction board thing but anyway.

I'm Arantor, been running forums on and off since 2006, formerly part of the SMF dev team, also worked on Wedge if you remember that. Very curious about the future, I have licences for all the big forums mostly out of curiosity of what they're doing, where they're similar, where they're different, etc.

Hi!

Going to keep this short, I have a tendency to waffle, and I don't normally do the introduction board thing but anyway.

I'm Arantor, been running forums on and off since 2006, formerly part of the SMF dev team, also worked on Wedge if you remember that. Very curious about the future, I have licences for all the big forums mostly out of curiosity of what they're doing, where they're similar, where they're different, etc.
Welcome aboard! I have been enjoying reading your posts so far, so I hope this place will be one of your frequently visited communities. Nice to see you were a former SMF dev, the software has improved significantly over the years. I’d love to read more about that. So yeah, enjoy your stay! :)

Well, I'll be honest, I've been missing a good admin community ever since TAZ went so far down hill that it wasn't worth the time or effort being there, when attitudes and positions were tolerated, even encouraged, that I find inappropriate especially in a space like that.

But I like here so much more, and I'm just finding things to get involved in! :D

Well, I'll be honest, I've been missing a good admin community ever since TAZ went so far down hill that it wasn't worth the time or effort being there, when attitudes and positions were tolerated, even encouraged, that I find inappropriate especially in a space like that.

But I like here so much more, and I'm just finding things to get involved in! :D
Oh tell me about it. They’re frightened to lose members to other forums while they pretty much scare them away instead of embracing them. It isn’t what it used to be, that’s for sure. But they are killing off the community themselves. I had a whole post written out, but decided to delete it since it’s not worth my time and trouble. Instead of supporting other forums like many others do, they are deleting any content of ‘competitive’ forums, and killing their own.

But yeah, who am I to speak like that.

Hi!

Welcome Arantor. That's a name that made me smile.

Good to see you around!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest