Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you target a minimum traffic until you put AdSense or other Ad Platforms?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Google AdSense can be a great way to monetize a website. But introducing ads too early might detract from the user experience, especially for a growing audience. On the flip side, waiting too long might mean missed revenue opportunities.

So the question is: Do you target a minimum traffic until you put AdSense? (or any other advertising platform) into your site?

Points to consider:

First Impressions Matter: For new websites, ads might clutter the interface or slow the site speed, which could potentially deter first-time visitors. Is it better to prioritize a clean user experience in the beginning?

Revenue vs. User Experience: At what point does the potential revenue from ads outweigh the potential negative impact on the user experience?

Traffic Metrics: If you do wait for a certain traffic volume, what's your magic number? Daily visitors? Monthly page views? Or perhaps another metric altogether?

Type of Content and Audience: Does the decision change based on the type of content you produce or the nature of your audience? For example, a tech-savvy audience might be more likely to use ad blockers.

Alternative Monetization: Before introducing ads, have you considered or tried other monetization methods like affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, or even selling digital products?

Ad Placement and Design: If you've already integrated ads, how have you ensured they complement your site's design and don't hinder usability?
I'm genuinely curious to hear your strategies, thoughts, and experiences. Maybe together, we can craft a balanced approach to introducing advertising without jeopardizing the bond we've built with our audience.

Happy sharing and to more profitable ventures ahead!

Do you target a minimum traffic until you put AdSense? (or any other advertising platform) into your site?
Adsense might have changed their terms six years ago but I find them easy to join, in fact, I was approved right away with no problems even though I had not had that much content. Really I did not wait, I just went ahead with it despite that I had no content and under 20 members.

Ad Placement and Design:
Just put them based on most classic locations and also not making the ads BIG Xd you can have many ad slots but not go overkill with the size of the ads banners. I dislike sites where their page background is one BIG ad and sites get SLOW - why do they do that even though they get 400K traffic a day

Alternative Monetization:
There are others out there that are not AdSense however they are just small and they do not cover everywhere. Yet you can end up doing it yourself by going to those people and having their banner ads listed for $5 a month......

Real simple.. once my site starts costing me over $100 a month.. then I'll think about running ads/monetization of some type. Until then.. it remains a hobby for me (which I've been doing for over a decade). Currently I budget $300 a month, but with this heat, it's hitting the utility bills hard (think our last bill was $585) so I have adjusted my "play" budget downward.

I put them right away, building up traffic then turning them on could turn away members.
I think as long as you don’t block ad blockers it’s not a big deal for most. If they don’t like ads they’d be using an adblocker.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest