Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Content Creation Do you prefer the threads or posts of a posting package?

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.
I like to get a mix of both posts and threads myself, but if my forum or community is brand new then I'd opt to get more threads than posts to get conversations going.

Both, both are good lol

Will have to agree with @Pinhead in that having a new forum, it's nice to see more threads showing up in the listing. Posts will come soon after and hopefully, the ball will start rolling.

Both to an extent, meaning that I love to post more than create topics however if topics/threads are made and no replies in them it can look so bad right?

Having threads with many many replies and posts i them makes it goooooddddddd

I prefer threads because they can bring new discussions and bring in like-minded people who wish to discuss the new topics at hand. Posts will get buried in a thread eventually, but the OP remains the main focus of a discussion thread.

I like new thread ideas as sometimes it can bring up something that no one else has thought about before! Now I do like posts too because it keeps a topic going sometimes, but if I had to choose I would choose threads at least!

I like a combination of both, I do not like threads with no reply. If I have threads that need replies, I want posts, and if there is a lack of new threads, I will ask for topics.

For me being a discussion forum and having a few members who are active I prefer threads more as they can spark new discussions.

Same for me. Fresh blood is fresh ideas and discussions. Most times with posts, they only give an opinion and don't ask questions to keep the conversation flowing.

If I have the option, I will always choose threads above posts. Why? Because threads generate more replies than a post would. Of course, I’ve had times where I requested this and duplicate content was posted. I usually merge both threads after a while or just leave them be altogether.

I feel like I've been posting content and people are afraid to ask questions so posts are probably more useful to my forum at first.

I'd be curious about there being a subscription where you pay for threads only. And posts are included in the subscription as unlimited as long as they are replies to the created threads.

I prefer posts, but then for that to happen the threads must be engaging. But it’s an eyesore when to see empty threads all around.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest