Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do You Generate Revenue on Your Forum?

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I am running multiple forums but only two forums are earning revenue. The forums generate revenue through Google AdSense. I am not only able to pay for forum running costs from the revenue I generate on two forums but also use the money to run other forums that do not generate any revenue.

Not a single penny. I can't think of too many ways to generate revenue on free software. People have actually tried paying me for coding work before, but I turned them down due to doing it primarily as a hobby and I don't want to run into any financial stags as I did in the past with a PayPal chargeback.

At the moment I am generating a little income through both forums that I own right now. One is generating income through Google Adsense and the other is generating income through A-Ads. I am looking to get approved on my Promotion forum for Adsense but that is going to take a little longer I feel at the moment so for now, I keep A-Ads on that one.

For me.. it's a hobby.. so I don't. It's something I get gratification from directly, so like any hobby, I simply realize it's an ongoing expense, no different than our RV lifestyle, or previously hunting or fishing or my guitar pursuits.
It just so happens that two of my current (and favorite) hobbies tend to intertwine.

I currently don't earn any money on my forum or my blog. Everything I purchased for my sites have came out of my own pocket, since I run websites as a hobby. I don't think I could even get ad revenue on any of my sites because they're not too big. Maybe my Sonic blog could possibly earn me some extra cash through ads, but I haven't tried looking into ad revenue yet.

I don't generate revenue on my coding, drumming or math forum. I am still in the process of figuring out what niche would generate profit (I mean from any niche, in general.). I don't think the niches for my forums will make money, but they can get a lot of traffic, especially my drumming project.

Well, what I am looking for is a blueprint of a successful site. However, of course, probably most people will not hand out that info free. :sneaky:

Honestly, I don't really want to commercialize my drumming stuff. I like just having fun. I can use another site for money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest