Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best apps for 4K video editing

Dan The Man

Reputable member
Website
www.vgr.com
Credits
I want to get into 4K video editing, but I’m not sure what software to use. What apps do you like best? I did find a 4K video editor comparison post with a solid breakdown of features, but I’m looking for feedback from real users before I proceed. Right now, I am leaning toward Movavi, as it looks like it is easier to use than a lot of the alternatives. But I am open to suggestions. I’d really love to hear from Movavi users though.

I've never used Movavi before. So I can't really tell you how well that software does, however I use DaVinci Resolve and the free version supports up to 4K 60FPS. You'll need to pay for it if you want anything better than that though. There was a learning curve for me to get a feel for how the software works, but you can look up videos on Youtube if you need to. I did notice that the software you've listed has limited trimming options, which wouldn't be a good fit for me at least since I need to trim and edit a lot of the footage I record. (Mainly video game challenge footage, though I never record in 4K.)

I can't comment to much on any of the listen Video Editors besides Sony Vegas.

Sony Vegas is a pretty good video editor though. I love the UI, it has alot of nice filters & plugins, and it is pretty easy to learn. It was honestly the first video editor that I was able to use without much hassle besides the old Windows Movie Maker haha.

With that said, another option you may be interested in is Kdenlive, it is a free and open source video editor. It has a nice UI, alot of the expected features of a video editor, and has resources like effects and templates that can be downloaded.

I've used Vegas Pro 15 for quite several years.

I'm sure the newer versions of it are better but I don't want to upgrade until I have to.

I like Vegas a lot. I bought a 4K laptop with a lot of power and resources just for editing videos. I've had the laptop for 4 years and it's still like new haha

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest