Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ad Locations

Alex

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Where are your advertisement locations on your forum? We use an advertising manager on XenForo and we currently have Header, Footer and In Between Posts placements available for purchase. If two advertisers want to buy the same location, the ad will auto rotate with the other.

What about you, where abouts are the Ad locations on your website? Are they generating revenue well?

I've never used an ad service like Google AdSense, but I have allowed users to purchase ad space with points on our forum. I allow the ads to go in the footer area of the site, above the copyright. We don't have much posting activity on my board, so people don't rake in that many points to buy ad space. If it were more popular I'd probably have them appear in other areas of the forum as well.

We currently use an addon on Xenforo for ads and we have them placed on the header of the forum pages. I find that having them placed in the header means they can be seen but also, they are not too intrusive either. You can sometimes have too many ads pop up on a page and it can get a little too much. The last thing I would want would be to turn someone away from the forum because of too many intrusive ads.

I definitely like having them at the top and in the footer. I used to not like the way it looked between posts, but as long as it is not too big it doesn't get too annoying. Plus when people have good looking graphics and it is people actually asking for their specific sites to be advertised I typically like the appearance!

Ads are ways to help to earn a little amount of income and I see them as ways to help to keep the server costs. However, since I got approved via Google Adsense I have not had a single payout :( Google loves to rip people off. The worse part is that I live in the UK and use Adsense from another country and they won't payout unless I have a bank account in that country.

I can change and close it but I would lose $80 otherwise.

Regards ad location,
  1. Footer
  2. ads after each first topic in categories
  3. after the first posts on topics
  4. under the heading and before the index starts
  5. and also from the left widget on the left or right side of the site.
I do not like having large ads, I keep them as low key

The official phpBB advertising management extension is quite good on that there's a dozen or so locations. Plus there in nothing stopping you putting code in for things like floating footers, pop unders, and that (not that I'd use them)

Rotation is automatic, but you can set a priority from 1 to 10. So an advert with priority 8 will be shown more then one with a priority of 4. I can think of some good uses for it, but can't quite put them into practice yet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest