Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved A simple wish for growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
I would REALLY like to see this site overtake TAZ in the website administration field. They have many issues that they are blind to (and I won't go into) and I would be MORE than happy to see someone knock them out of their slot since they are so "secure" there.
It's one reason that I chose to continue my participation here after having my TAZ account deleted. They have simply apparently chosen to "rest upon their laurels" and are overly protective when it comes to certain members... they forgot the basic tenet of "disagreement moves one forward". Typically that disagreement can be somewhat aggressive/heated, but if not confronted with issues (even aggressively) we can't move forward.
And honestly.. the simple fact remains.. if someone is being stupid, there should be NO issue on calling them out on that stupidity. Is it politically correct? In many cases no.. but in factual need, most cases yes. We can't always be told things that make us "feel good". Sometimes we simply need to be slapped to the curb to recognize reality. And THAT is a problem with the current "political correctness" brigade of society. It seems when you forcefully confront others with their stupidity, it's "offensive".
I guess everyone should get ribbons for participation.

Last edited:
I have no problem with disagreement. If there is a better solution, it must be discussed. We are a centralized hub for admins where we all can learn from one and another. It’s our main focus and should always stay our main focus. It must be told however on a civilized manner. Calling people names is not civilized. I agree that some people (not referring to anyone here) are sometimes easily offended while all you try to do is give them advise.

Generally speaking.

I know your method is sometimes easily to take offensive, while you don’t mean to do so. Even I had a few second thoughts in the beginning I saw you posting. And we had a “discussion” about that before to clear that out.

I know it not always possible to not offend people.

So yes, disagreements are perfectly allowed - people should not be easily offended - but let’s all try to take it to their attention on a civilized manner. Inevitably some will be offended by the lightest disagreement you have but it’s best we don’t overly focus on that.

I hope that makes sense.

As for TAZ, well … it’s been going downhill for a long time - they are supposed to have the most experience in community management and administration but they simply don’t care anymore I think. Although they still have very decent and capable members around and the fact that they have a lot of content.

I appreciate this thread - I’ll do anything in my power to keep pushing forward and grow to an established place for more people and making sure they can call it a home.

If I ever do anything wrong, or start neglecting - call me out. For any improvements and feedback I’m always open to discuss things.

Last edited:
I want to comment on the title part - I truly do wish for growth for AJ! :) This place has been fantastic, and I'm glad I'm part of it. Hopefully more and more will come and this can truly be a great community hub! :)

I know your method is sometimes easily to take offensive, while you don’t mean to do so. Even I had a few second thoughts in the beginning I saw you posting. And we had a “discussion” about that before to clear that out.
I tell folks the simple fact is I can be rather blunt, and many in todays society can't deal with that. I don't take offense when others are blunt with me if their statements are based upon facts. Beating around the bush rarely results in a resolution.

I want AJ to grow - it's one reason I advertise for it for free on another site where I have *a lot* of posts (though I'm not getting many through the door yet hahah)

If nothing else, the forum admin space needs people who are passionate about forums and what forums can do rather than dwelling on the perceived failures of the format - dwelling on the negatives creates a self-fulfilling prophecy in a way that looking at the positives critically doesn't.

A positive admin who encourages people to try things and talk about the outcome is never a bad thing; if nothing else TAZ hasn't had a positive influence in the leadership for a while. There was a point (before Threadloom bought them) that I considered making an offer to try to encourage a positive outlook on forums rather than forever dwelling on the negatives but I simply don't have the time to properly run such a place.

I'm surprised how successful this forum has come in such little time. The number of people that login daily and often contribute shows that we must be doing something right. I haven't seen much if any, negativity and hatefulness on this forum, so I think the fact that people can discuss civilly is vital to its success. The amount of work Aerodynamic has put into this forum and continues to do so is quite fascinating. He is truly a dedicated forum owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest