Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you want to win the lottery ?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Simple question, would you want to win the lottery or rather not?

Often you see/read about people winning the lottery that wasn’t the best thing happening for them. Not able to control the money. Have a lot of begging people. And often just spend the money faster than they imagine and ruining them worse than before.

So, would you want to win the lottery?

Yep I would love to win the lottery. My uncle actually won a million dollars back in 2022, however he took the lump sum of $400,000. He also won $50,000 on top of that too. He still works at Lowes, and still has money. He just spent enough on home renovations and security cameras and put aside the rest of the money for whenever he needs it. The money didn't go to his head, he's still the awesome Uncle he's always been.

I would want to win enough to pay off a house (and maybe the stuff that goes in it) and maybe a new car. Other than that, I'm not crazy about having a lot of money for some of the reasons mentioned in the OP and the fact that most of my interests are behind screens, so if I have a fully functional computer and smartphone, then I don't indulge much with hobbies/interests. I mainly want enough to live a little. I know work can be healthy for you, so I wouldn't want so much where I could get away with quitting my job(s). I'm already bored enough as-is sometimes, so without a job that rate would increase.

I would want to win it, but as others have noted, you gotta be wise about it. First of all, you can't give it away, except a little bit to truly special people in your life or Saint Judes or something.

I would definitely love to win the lottery but I am not really a fan of it. Till today, I've not even bought a single lottery ticket. To me, it's the same as gambling. It's good if you try your luck once in a while, but once you get addicted to it, it's bad. Too much of anything is bad. Because you have to understand that your chances of winning are 0.0000001%.

I believe that money that is earned adds more value to our lives than free money. Psychologically, when you get some money for free, you end up using it in ways you wouldn't use the same money if you had earned it.

We were actually talking about this at work today cause there’s a $150 million draw next week and we were brainstorming how we’d resign if we won xD

There was a point when I was at a job in a small village with basically only one main high street convenience store, and I’d pop in every so often for lunch - and a scratch card.

I had a win rate of about 3 in 4 on those cards because the shop didn’t move enough stock quickly enough so I could see when new cards would arrive and be able to make a guess on when a given stock would start hitting its payout rate (because they have to pay out after a while to keep up the stated odds). I quite liked the fact I came out £600 up overall… bought me a new iPad with the proceeds.

I don't play the lottery myself as when I used to play it, I was never happy with how close the numbers were drawn and it seemed like I was spending money without any chance of winning anything.

If I ever went back to playing the lottery though, any win would be awesome.

I was never happy with how close the numbers were drawn
That was one of the things I realised very early on that actually the numbers are a misdirection. Off by 1 number is the same as being off by 40 numbers.

If I'd put down 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 44 were drawn, that's the same level of closeness as if 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 were drawn and I had 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.

Best to think of them as arbitrary symbols rather than numbers.

It would be wise to invest winnings, especially smaller ones, into a reasonably priced home and car and then the rest into a profitable biz.

I don't play the lottery but if I ever did play the lottery, it would be nice to win something.
Even if it is not a lot, a win is a win.

Sure. First thing I would do is buy land and start an animal shelter. I want to save every animal I come across and it's not always possible so then it would be!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor