Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management Will you ever retire as a webmaster?

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Let's dive into a question that has likely crossed the minds of many in our community: Will you ever retire as a webmaster? We all know the feeling of exhaustion that can come from managing sites without seeing the desired results. Those thoughts of throwing in the towel can be pretty persistent at times, but they often fade as our sites become more active and start to flourish.

But here's the real curveball: Have you ever contemplated walking away from your site for good? I mean, bidding farewell to everything that comes with being a webmaster – the hosts, the ads, the domains, the analytics, and all the other responsibilities that come with it. Do you think you'll ever reach a point where you're ready to close that chapter, or do you genuinely love what you do? We often see dormant websites where the webmaster has left the site in an archive. Yet still paying for the hosting and domain.

It's a profound question, one that touches on our passion for the online world we've created and cared for. What keeps us going, even during the tough times? Is it the satisfaction of seeing our sites grow, the joy of connecting with like-minded individuals, or simply the thrill of building and maintaining an online presence?

So, dear webmasters, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this matter. Have you ever considered retiring from the webmaster life, and if so, what brought you back in? Or are you in it for the long haul, fueled by an unwavering love for what you do?

Let's share our experiences, insights, and reflections on the never-ending journey of being a webmaster. Your perspective might just inspire others who are at a crossroads in their own webmaster adventures.

I have no plans for retirement, I have plans to give my websites to my kids in my will. Until that day, I will continue to run my sites.

Nope, not planning to make any more, then again no idea what 5 years or 30 years time going to be like, and at the moment I still have Bayside open for seven years so far :) even that it's costing me so much money and not making anything from it ;(

I don't think I'll be retiring from owning and maintaining my websites for a while now. I think I will work on them until I get to the point physically where I couldn't work on them anymore.

If Jcink ever comes to a close, I might say that's the end of being a forum webmaster for me. I mean, I wouldn't mind starting anew on different forum software, but I think I may just take the time to lurk and post around on message boards instead of running my own again.

If Jcink ever comes to a close, I might say that's the end of being a forum webmaster for me. I mean, I wouldn't mind starting anew on different forum software, but I think I may just take the time to lurk and post around on message boards instead of running my own again.
Don't you offer files or support for jcink?

I will retire when I can no longer see, type or think. In other words... When I die, I might retire :)

I will never retire as a web developer. However, I might retire in another way. That way would be as a well-paid web developer, ha ha.

Well, I've had a couple of times when I've felt burned out, and thought about retiring. But I always stepped back from the brink before it was too late.

As for whether or not I'll retire... probably, at some undefined point in the future, but that'll be caused by as-yet-unknown external factors.

I mean, I'll die eventually right? :p

I almost came close last summer.

I've had times where I've had to step back due to burnout or RL health concerns, but I don't foresee myself retiring completely unless something forces me to.

I think about anyone could retire as a webmaster. The problem is people don't have the willpower. It's difficult to be that focused. It's the same deal as with bodybuilding.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest