Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General What's the impact of community feedback on your forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
Credits
Discuss the impact of community feedback on the evolution of your forum or website.
How do you prioritize and implement user suggestions while maintaining your platform's vision?

When a website is in development and forming community feedback is super important because it guides the community in the direction that the possible entire community would like to see it go. Without feedback the administrators and staff members will simply keep carrying on typically and may not provide changes regularly.

I think that's one of the great things about Admin Junkies - Cedric is very open to feedback and we discuss all feedback. We may not implement everything, any may not implement it the day of either, but we do discuss it. This feedback and discussion helps us know what everyone wants to see and would like or benefit from.

My other part I'd like to mention the biggest thing is constructive feedback. It's hard to make everyone happy, but it is especially difficult to make changes if all you say is "I hate this website"... well what about it specifically, and what would you have us do differently? Change is important, but sometimes opinions are needed in order to benefit a community as a whole.

Community feedback has helped me add many new features and additions to the site. There are some things I would have never thought of if it weren't for the member's suggestions. Of course, not every suggestion is implemented, as I have to prioritize the more critical suggestions, but if the feedback makes total sense to the forum's destiny then I very well will likely implement it.

I try to change things based on suggestions, but sometimes people will say that dark cannot be a color for a music lesson forum and that leads to conflict, and I think that criticism is unreasonable and subjective.

I listen to the feedback I get from my members. It's made my communities much better, whether it's a feature request, a theme request or even bug reports. There's only been a few times where I didn't implement a feature that someone suggested and it was only because it didn't fit the niche of the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest