Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's a hobby you want to learn?

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
What's a hobby you would like to learn or attempt to do and just haven't had the chance to do it?

I would love to learn to play the drums! I learned the guitar when I was younger and I enjoyed it, but I think banging on some drums and making it musical honestly sounds amazing to me!

I'd love to learn how to play the piano someday! I've always been fascinated with keyboards and synthesizers so learning to play the piano would be awesome! My spouse was taking lessons whenever they were 10 years old and they got a keyboard for Christmas of 2008 that we still have.

Does enhancing my coding skills count?

Playing the drums would indeed be cool and I even have a drumset that's been collecting dust in the garage for years. I'm just too lazy to learn and don't really have any particular use to learn.

I'd love to learn how to play the piano someday! I've always been fascinated with keyboards and synthesizers so learning to play the piano would be awesome! My spouse was taking lessons whenever they were 10 years old and they got a keyboard for Christmas of 2008 that we still have.
I know one song on the piano. My grandma taught me it with cutting up sticky notes and putting it on the end of the keys. It helped because I memorized the pattern! I was told my fingers probably wouldn't be good for the piano. Typically people with longer and skinnier fingers do the best because they can reach and kind of glide over the keys easier. Ever thought of picking up your spouses keyboard and just be silly? Who knows what you could create!
Does enhancing my coding skills count?

Playing the drums would indeed be cool and I even have a drumset that's been collecting dust in the garage for years. I'm just too lazy to learn and don't really have any particular use to learn.
I think that can count :p

I would love an electric drumset because it wouldn't take up too much space. I think it would be fun to play an actual set though too. It's sad all the things that just collect dust.

3D printing is something that I would be interested in learning how to do. It's a very creative hobby.

3D printing is something that I would be interested in learning how to do. It's a very creative hobby.
I'm finding several cases where it would come in handy for me in my astro hobby. Right now some of the mounts I make have to be done with a jigsaw, router, heat gun and LOTS of patience.

Get good at basic HTML & CSS so I can build embedded pages on my XF site without needing to build out a full site that has a different theme and style to the site. That way, everything matches theme-wise.

What's a hobby you would like to learn or attempt to do and just haven't had the chance to do it?

I would love to learn to play the drums! I learned the guitar when I was younger and I enjoyed it, but I think banging on some drums and making it musical honestly sounds amazing to me!
Lapidary. The cutting of gems (and semiprecious stones), wire wrapping, and general crafting of jewelery has always been an interest of mine. Drawing, but I like the cute little anime chibi drawings (my hands shake too much -- probably from the amount of cafiene I injest to keep going all day). One hobby that I have learned is cooking. I love experimenting with food, but I could never do it as a job. I just never seem to have the time (nor money) to really pursue it to the level I want to have fun with. I'd probably feed homeless people if I could!

Drawing sounds fun and I'd like to get better at computer art software.

Another thing that would be fun is playing a banjo.

Becoming better at graphics might be a good idea... I can only really make simple things on MS Paint :p .

Becoming better at graphics might be a good idea...
Becoming a graphics designer in general would be awesome since I already know some frontend programming, with graphic creation knowledge I could create fully-fledged websites.

I've always wanted to learn Spanish so that's definitely the top of my list.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor