Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What social media sites drive the most traffic to your forum?

cpvr

Recognized member
Website
www.virtualpetlist.com
Credits
Currently, my forum receives about 50-100 visits a month or more from Reddit, 200-400 visits a month from tumblr and 100-200 visits a month from X/twitter.

Some of my users have been promoting my forum on reddit and twitter along with myself included, so I’m grateful that I’m receiving extra promotion on social media sites. Tumblr has brought in a few users over the past couple of months just like reddit has.

What about you? What social media sites bring in the most traffic to your forum? Do you promote your forum often on social media?

For me, Reddit (if you call them social media) is by far the top one.
For FB, Twitterpotter, InstaPot and such, I don't really do much pushing of my sites on them.
I do have a YouTube channel set up, but still have to get adequate equipment to create video content with. Have a camera that is perfect for it, but need to get a really decent tripod, microphone and then editing software that I would need to learn.

Last edited:
I get traffic on my forums through Twitter/X, however, most of the time, I do paid promotion.

Facebook tends to be the place where most of my social media traffic comes from on most of my forums. On Gex forums, looks like I get some traffic from Reddit since the forum was promoted on r/gex. (Of course after I reached out to the head mod of the subreddit.)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor