Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What forum do you wished you owned?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
I wanted to start a fun discussion today about a topic we've all probably thought about at some point: what forum do you wish you owned? It could be a forum you admire for its content, community, design, or anything else that catches your attention.

For me, I would love to own a forum like Reddit. I love the variety of topics and subreddits, the active and engaged community, and the user-driven content. It's always interesting to see what's trending and to discover new communities within the larger Reddit ecosystem.

But of course, owning a forum like Reddit would also come with its challenges. The moderation demands would be huge, and there would always be the risk of controversial content or discussions getting out of hand.

If anyone remembers the InvisionFree Skin Zone, that would also be a forum that I would've loved to own.

So what about you? Is there a forum you admire and wish you could own? Why do you find it appealing, and what challenges do you think would come with owning it? Let's share our thoughts and have some fun imagining what it would be like to be the owner of our dream forums!

I'd never be able to own it, but I'd wished to have been a moderator of the Nintendo NSider forums or even a Sage (non staff role). I do not recall if members actually got to ever become mods back then or not.

I also agree that a forum like Reddit would be great to do. I feel the challenges and struggles would of course be moderation and even likely other back end stuff Admins can only handle and manage.

I'd never be able to own it, but I'd wished to have been a moderator of the Nintendo NSider forums or even a Sage (non staff role). I do not recall if members actually got to ever become mods back then or not.

I also agree that a forum like Reddit would be great to do. I feel the challenges and struggles would of course be moderation and even likely other back end stuff Admins can only handle and manage.

To waat to won a fourm like Reddit means that you really have no special interest, just a large general forum.
They have to borrow money to expand and keep going!

I would have liked to haver owned the Napoleonic forum owned by a guy called Mark. it was doing well, then it just disppaeared over night, with no thank you or anything

Being a part of the community for over a decade of my life, I would have loved to own the ZetaBoards Support forum. I liked the supportive, coding-like atmosphere vibes the community gave off and the fact that I knew so much about the network by being a part of it for so long made me pretty knowledgeable about most things related to it.

There have definitely been forums I wished I'd owned along the way - but because of what they were connected to and what that would have enabled me to do. Gloves off, there are more than a few things I'd have done differently, probably not least made SMF something different if I'd been in charge rather than on the sidelines.

I'd probably say something like a big resource board... or being the massive The Sims nerd I am, a forum related to the franchise.

I've gotta say Sonic Retro, I've always dreamed of having a large Sonic community that is well established. Not only do they have a forum, they also integrate Wordpress and Mediawiki and I think it would be cool to be in charge of everything. They do have separate staff that work on the articles on Wordpress and have Wiki Sysops to maintain plugins and order on their wiki of course. Plus I've noticed there's not too many admins that log into the forums anymore, as a Tech Member there we've nominated a few members throughout the years that are eligible to be Tech members but they haven't got their accounts promoted due to lack of staff I feel...

I mean - general forums have always been my niche for the most part! I love embedding many topics into one place and being able to have discussions about anything and everything. Atrium was my dream place and it grew and flourished ❤️ I enjoy plenty of topics, and really most of us do too. The only time we wander to other types of forums is because we are wanting more conversations about a specific topic that sometimes can be hard to be so specific on a general forum. I always wondered how I could be able to make things more specific and thats when I thought about clubs and stuff - but didn't really unfold the way I wanted to.

I also was a Manager of another forum that was an animation forum that also was big on graphics and the Invisionfree skins. I loved the place - I always enjoyed places that had a high interest in graphics and art. It was fun to see the creativity! I think to own a forum like that and be able to help others open up their potential would be a fun place.

There's one forum which I would have loved to own and I'm still not giving up on it yet. I'm going to keep trying until it's inevitable that I can't have it.

I'm very sure that most of you are familiar with The Forum Wheel. I have been meaning to buy it. I had contact with the former owner Ken Brice when he already sold it before I could made a move.

I asked for his help to connect me with the current owner which he agreed to do but all of a sudden, he blocked me. I was so pained.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest