Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General What excites you about forums these days?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
Credits
What are a few things in a forum that you find exciting nowadays? This might have different opinions from a member's point of view and an admin's point of view. Feel free to share all you feel about it.

Honestly the same thing that's excited me since I first started posting on forums, logging in every day and engaging in some meaningful conversations! I also like how notifications on forums are in real time now too, you can easily see if someone replied or reacted to one of your posts/threads while browsing the forum.

A thriving, contributive member base is one thing always nice to see, and a supportive atmosphere. I love being able to help people with issues in coding and forum support and I have the knowledge to do so, so that is always exciting to me. Having your board thriving with activity is always exciting, especially when you don't see it very often.

I really enjoy seeing communities develop, and growing into one is a nice process. I'm currently excited to make new friends.

Show me something I haven't seen before..

Whether it's a custom theme, some custom code/scripts, or even just unique content. I don't want to see the same old threads everywhere I go.

Nothing in all honesty. The days when forums to me were interesting was a long time ago. I guess one might ask why does one keep coming back when he finds it no longer interesting and I'd say it's because they once were and would like to be there the day they start getting interesting again.

Nothing in all honesty. The days when forums to me were interesting was a long time ago. I guess one might ask why does one keep coming back when he finds it no longer interesting and I'd say it's because they once were and would like to be there the day they start getting interesting again.
Be the change you want to see! What did you find interesting about forums "a long time ago", what's **missing** now, and what can we do to bring those things forward into a new generation?

This is more from a RP stance, since those are the types of forums I largely admin/participate in. I get really excited nowadays when I see a site that doesn't require you to use 10+ GIFs/images on a profile page. I like simplicity and ease of use. Aside from that, I love when lists are automated or semi-automated. I like when I see members supporting each other or who are willing to try new things. I also like when a site has a skin/theme that I haven't seen on 5+ other sites.

I am a novice when it comes to running a forum. The best thing I like about running a community is you can build your own audience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest