Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Sites I want to see....

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

synpastel

Recognized member
Credits
I thought this could be a fun thread to run as well as to help generate ideas for those wanting to make something on say Jcink or another forum software but don't know what the people 'actually' want.

I'd frankly love to see an actually all-inclusive LGBTQ support site that's supportive of more "unusual" identities (aroace, m-spec lesbians, kinky aces, etc). Because holy burrito I hate being in one of these groups and feeling like I have virtually no support in that aspect of my life. I am not a fan overall of discord primarily because (1) I forget it exists half the time and (2) I just don't like the UI design of it.

*If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it*

Hey synpastel, good to see you! It's been a while. As for your LGBTQ matter, LENS well being is suited for that subject. I don't really have a specific genre that I want more around, but it be cool to see some more gaming forums, there aren't that much as there used to be.

Thanks, I've had a LOT of stuff going on lately in my personal life. Been trying to get back into the swing of things with forums, honestly.
Stripperwebs SADLY went down back in February 2023. It was a FANTASTIC site for those wanting to break into the XXX industry. It'd be great if we could get a replacement site that served a similar function.

Actually, now to think of it. I haven't seen a decent marketplace forum in a while. Something dedicated to providing a platform and sell services and other digital goods, websites, etc. There used to be a few, but they seem to have vanished.

Actually, now to think of it. I haven't seen a decent marketplace forum in a while. Something dedicated to providing a platform and sell services and other digital goods, websites, etc. There used to be a few, but they seem to have vanished.
🔱😎 Welcome to stop in @occ sometime so we might proactively collaborate—as this dedicated market place concept is one of several major aspects currently in development-(*as are most of the brilliant ideas, to my surprise, you've also actively highlighted in other posts recently)

Main reason for that is because if you're capable of selling a service that others would want, you might as well set up your own site and take all the revenue rather than give a marketplace a cut; you still have just as much of a fight of being noticed either way.

And don't forget that Fiverr etc. exists for services and Patreon for digital goods. Plus there's Ko-Fi.

Hey @synpastel I'd definitely have to suggest LENS as well like Cedric. :)

I would love a forum about books - to kind of have book clubs though where I can deep dive into discussions about the specific books. Books recommendations and etc. There was a forum started, but I'd like to find one already semi-filled so I can join into conversations. I would basically like spicy book-tok but on forums lol. I personally can't start one at this time because I'm busy with being here as well as real life of course, but it would be an eventual goal for me.

I thought this could be a fun thread to run as well as to help generate ideas for those wanting to make something on say Jcink or another forum software but don't know what the people 'actually' want.

I'd frankly love to see an actually all-inclusive LGBTQ support site that's supportive of more "unusual" identities (aroace, m-spec lesbians, kinky aces, etc). Because holy burrito I hate being in one of these groups and feeling like I have virtually no support in that aspect of my life. I am not a fan overall of discord primarily because (1) I forget it exists half the time and (2) I just don't like the UI design of it.

*If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it*
LENS is great! I have a inclusive community as well, but quite frankly I think I may have bit off more than I can chew with it. So I don't know if I'm able to keep in online much longer. Reddit exists for that as well, I know it's not the same as a traditional forum but there are plenty of welcoming subreddits. As for a niche I would like to see more of is educational ones like @Jason's math forum. I haven't really seen too many educational communities based around different subjects like math or science.

I haven't really seen too many educational communities based around different subjects like math or science.
Stack Exchange nuked most of them from orbit a few years ago because the majority of the math/science ones tended to be Q&A/homework style sites. A few side examples exist, however, such as https://biology-forums.com/

I don't think there are any specific sites I care to see at the moment because I'm already a member of them or Reddit is my go-to for that subject. Reddit is basically like an ultimate message board packed into one, which is probably what killed off a lot of online communities out there. I like Reddit to hear people's opinions and for information, but I still would prefer using a message board over Reddit. I don't post on Reddit at all like I used to, so forums are my go-to for actually posting content, which is a lot less likely to get buried in the massiveness of content you find on social media.

LENS is great! I have a inclusive community as well, but quite frankly I think I may have bit off more than I can chew with it. So I don't know if I'm able to keep in online much longer. Reddit exists for that as well, I know it's not the same as a traditional forum but there are plenty of welcoming subreddits. As for a niche I would like to see more of is educational ones like @Jason's math forum. I haven't really seen too many educational communities based around different subjects like math or science.
Thanks for the compliment. There are some good forums on education, but not new ones. As for mine, I haven't had time to do much on them, but the one I sold a few years ago had a lot.

Honestly I think this would be hilarious to see a forum dedicated to just uncovering drama and issues that pop up online, with big name companies and influencers, etc. cause so many people love to read the 'tea' on stuff, haha
How about a Drama Llama site?

If I honestly wanted to see a site exist then I would just go out and build it myself. The thing is most just kinda want it to exist and are fine if it never exists and those people's projects will never work out. Those content with failing never succeed at what they do because they always find failure easier to do so why do that which is harder when you are content with that which is easier to do?
The hard part isn't making the site as it is selling the vison you have with it to others so other people are as excited at seeing your vision come to life as you are. The vision you have for it has to be us centered rather then me centered which is where many mess up. They make their site just for themselves then wonder why no one wants to be a part of it?

The aces got AVEN
The idea has been rolling around in my head for awhile but I think it'd be awesome if the lesbians had a similar community/resource board for lesbians that's m-spec lesbian friendly.

*bumping this thread back to life, haha*

As someone who loves dark romance and the macabre in general (while also having 2 EDs), cannibalism has always fascinated me. I'd love to see an RP of a person in a cannibalism cult in the middle of nowhere. Partly because I VERY RARELY see "horror rps" out there anymore. Realy, ever.

However, I want to put emphasis on the fact that I DO NOT want this to be "oh look, it's hazbin hotel cannibal village!" Cause cannibals have existed long before HH, lol.

No, vampirism and even general horror hit differently to cannibalism. It’s a specific subset of horror, looking pretty specifically at our relationship with ourselves, our fellow humans, the social and societal taboos being paraded and pushed.

It must surely delve into the nature of whether this is for survival or some other intrinsic or extrinsic motivator. Some cultures have believed that consuming some of their vanquished enemy would bestow whatever wisdom and attributes were to be gained onto the victor. Is that the motivator, or is it something more sinister in the body horror category, whether someone simply does it for the shock value?

Personally I’d be wary of engaging such material, and not because I have any issues with the concept per se, but simply I don’t think I could do the material justice. It needs far more nuance than I’d be capable of, I think.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest