Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Search engine discovery speed

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Tracy

Royal member
Credits
I have seen admins complain for years about the major search engines either not discovering their content or it being ranked low and the changes in their search algorithms.
I guess I can't really complain. Wrote a quick little review when I first got my MicroFine M10 (fairly new mini PC line from the manufacturer) in for astro use (Windows 11 Pro/N.I.N.A. targeted) for the site about 1 1/2 days ago. It is nothing earth shatteringly deep, simply dealing with the specs and my first impressions with the unit.
It's already listed on DuckDuckGo, Google and Bing, and ranked near the top when using the search term morefine m10 review, which would be a fairly common search term. And honestly, this surprised me.
Even using the simple term MoreFine M10 it has shown up high in Bing & DuckDuckGo (don't think Google has visited since I posted the article).
For content that is replicated with similar content on other sites, there will be numerous search engine algorithms that will affect where you show up, but create content that is not as prevalent and you can show up quickly and rank well. And if that drives more visits, then that will help keep your ranking in the search engine up there.

So if your concern is easy discovery and you are in a niche area, concentrate on content that is not covered elsewhere... actually, that would apply to any, but especially important a niche and your site is not the elephant in the room.

For those wondering how well XenAddons offerings for XF do, I find that they tend to help with discovery and content created tends to show up fairly quickly in most aspects, especially when compared to simple forum posts/articles using the XenForo native features. The two best from my use case have been the Article Management System (AMS) and Review Management System (RMS).

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest