Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Strategies Rebranding a good thing?

Ideas, innovation, and strategy planning.

Sinistra

The one and only!
Bronze Member
Website
www.anime-insight.net
Credits
So let me explain whats going on. So when I originally started Anime-Insight. I thought the domain that I previously used for my community had expired. Sunday I got an email saying that I needed to renew the domain I wanted to use! would rebranding a community at this stage be a bad idea? Or should I just keep A-I?

Rebranding isn't a bad idea, but I agree with Cedric ask what your members want and go from there. If there's a good amount of members wanting you to rebrand the site, go for it. Always listen to your members and see if rebranding is a good choice or not.

I wouldn't do it without a strong reason behind it. It does a hit to current legacy/recognizably and I'd only consider it if 1. there is an early error and something different just screams better in the long run worth the hit, or if 2. everyone with pushing power is on board with changing and seeing it through. If you've not much to lose at the moment, not many members, it's an easier bite than if you've already gotten a start on.

I wouldn't say that a rebrand is a bad idea at all but I would ask for the opinion of your community too so that they are involved and you can hear there concerns or opinions on it.

So let me explain whats going on. So when I originally started Anime-Insight. I thought the domain that I previously used for my community had expired. Sunday I got an email saying that I needed to renew the domain I wanted to use! would rebranding a community at this stage be a bad idea? Or should I just keep A-I?
It depends... if your current site has traction.. why re-brand?
If your current site does not have traction... what would a rebranding bring to you beyond doing more interaction on the current site?

In my experience from the member/user side... Seeing a site rebrand never works out very well IMO. I find it just confuses people who come back to the site, and even sometimes may have current members leave for a similar site/forum.

It depends on why you are rebranding and what your goals are. If rebranding is just about the name and logo change, it might not help

A couple things to consider. First and foremost, poll your members. Weren't you the one that did a surprise switch to Xenforo, saw a dip in traffic, and then migrated back to IPS to try and reclaim that audience?

Would rebranding help you reach a larger audience? or target a different audience? If not, then don't bother.

What you could do is grab the domain and develop it with articles, blogs, etc, and have links to the forum section still point to your current domain.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest