Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Putting a Value on your site/forum

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
There are many websites where you can submit your link and it tells you the value of your site. An example of that being on SEO Mastering.

Admin Junkies is worth almost $1500 according to this site.

admin-junkies.com worth - $1,496.00

Of course, it's all a guess and you should question these websites. But what is your forum or site really worth? How do you determine its worth when you want to sell it ? What tools do you use to determine a value of a website or forum you wish to purchase?
  • traffic via Google analytic
  • in case of forums, the member activity
  • referral traffic, you want to know where the traffic is coming from. (not generated by bots)
  • monthly revenue and past months
  • number of back links,
  • the amount of content that is indexed, strength of the pages
One method I've read before is something I go by.

Site value = Past 3 months revenue / 3 to get an average then multiply that by 12. Revenue always reflects activity. I mean of course they do have exceptions to the rule, but for the most part that is how you do it to get a starting number for opening negotiations. Obviously its an investment and you want a return. So, say last 3 months you made 400 dollars 133.33 rounded X 12 = 1600 give or take... That would be a good starting point.

There's a lot of things to consider (community board or ortherwise). Some points I'd personally consider -
  • How's the UX/UI overall looking on the site (aka the skin/theme/colors/pictures. It's basically how do all the aesthetics on the site all come together)
  • If it's a community online, how many people there are (while taking into account how long it's been online), what do reviews look like for the site, how responsive are the staff to suggestions, how do the staff handle upset members, etc.
  • What makes members return to the site?
  • How the URL looking (is it a terrible sub-domain? is it a nice URL? does it look shady?)

There's a lot of things to consider (community board or ortherwise). Some points I'd personally consider -
  • How's the UX/UI overall looking on the site (aka the skin/theme/colors/pictures. It's basically how do all the aesthetics on the site all come together)
  • If it's a community online, how many people there are (while taking into account how long it's been online), what do reviews look like for the site, how responsive are the staff to suggestions, how do the staff handle upset members, etc.
  • What makes members return to the site?
  • How the URL looking (is it a terrible sub-domain? is it a nice URL? does it look shady?)
Some great points, although might be hard to find out what makes members return.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest