Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

☁️ Hosting Solutions My personal experience with Hostinger

Topics related to web hosting services, including shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Now I know I can't talk for everyone. But honestly I have yet to have any issues with Hostinger myself. I've been using their hosting for a few months now, and I have to say I've been quite satisfied with their service. If I didn't have Hostinger, I don't think I would have been able to get my old Mighty No. 9 forum back up and running on self hosting, I couldn't get xampp to work properly and Hostinger allows you to pick older php versions, so I was able to install phpBB2 to convert from Jcink to self hosting with very little hiccups. I know you get what you pay for, but they're miles better than Dreamhost will ever be IMO. If you're in the market for a host that allows adult hosting, Hostinger is great for those on a budget. Of course I only use shared hosting, I couldn't tell you if their VPS is good or not.

My impression/experience is that they love their upselling and aren't so good at dedicating resources as you might expect from extremely cheap shared hosting, which wouldn't be noticeable on a really small project but can have an impact with more demanding usage. But I have limited experience with said usage so defer if anyone has that kind of experience. For something cheap to get out the door Hostinger is an option I'd look at.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest