Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Isn't Facebook ads getting out of hands?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Facebook is one of the best social media platforms. It's the oldest social media site that I'm still making use of frequently. But one thing that's now getting annoyingly frustrating for me is the way ads are used on Facebook. You can't watch any video on Facebook less than 30 seconds into the video and ads will pop up. Sometimes, you will get 2 or 3 different ads in one video. Isn't that going overboard with how they use ads on the platform?

Well, they say if you aren't paying, then you're the product. ;) Nothing is for free. I suppose Facebook should make something where people can turn ads off by paying, but I wonder if anyone would really sign up for it. Myself, I'm not paying YouTube to get ads off. It's just not worth the money.

The ads are getting ridiculous, but like Jason mentioned above nothing is truly free and sites like Facebook needs to get some form of income in order to keep the site running and servers running smoothly too. With a site as big as Facebook, it's either offer paid perks (which I think they recently added if I remember correctly...) or they have to force ads on the website. My ad blocker doesn't even get a lot of the ads that pop up, but the ones I see are usually ones sponsored by business pages or Facebook Marketplace Ads.

Facebook burned a very, very large amount of money chasing the metaverse, so hardly surprising that they need to reassure investors that the site remains financially prudent.

Ya, Meta has made some poor financial modes and is massively under fire for selling user data. They need to start expanding other income streams sooner rather than later. Although, it is not like YouTube and such are not also adding more ad breaks and I believe they are even playing more ads per video once again.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest