Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Is there a niche you wished had more forums?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
We've likely explored various niches and discovered the richness of diverse forums. But amidst this plethora of topics and interests, is there a particular niche that you feel deserves more forums and discussion spaces than it currently has? Especially now that we have seen a major decline in forums the past ten years. Many niches have been slowly dying out. There was a time where there co-existed 30 admin forums at once, so to speak.

Are there niches that you believe are underrepresented ?Maybe you've stumbled upon a subject close to your heart, and you've yearned for a thriving community to share insights and experiences with. Or perhaps you've noticed a gap in the online conversation where you feel a dedicated forum could bring like-minded individuals together.

This discussion is a chance to uncover hidden gems and potentially inspire others to create new forums that cater to these niches. So, webmasters and forum enthusiasts, let's talk about the niches that tug at our hearts and minds, the ones we believe deserve more forums to thrive. Your insights may just be the catalyst for someone to start a new and vibrant community.

I'm kinda craving a general medieval stuff forum for some reason. Not (necessarily) roleplay, more a confluence of discussing history, related themes, maybe pertinent games, wrapped in a thematically appropriate skin and format.

I miss trading cards on online message boards. People have mostly fleed to social media like Reddit and Facebook to trade cards now. I've made hundreds of trades on a handful of boards, but those boards are pretty much dead now.

I wish Anime was more mainstream and we would have more anime communities. I am also in the paranormal so sites like that would be great too!

I'd like to get back into the employment niche, as it was very profitable for me around 2011. Also, I'd like to start up a biz/website promotion forum (even though so many are around) and finally, a digital art/art forum would be cool as I used to be a big user of Poser at one time.

Anyway, some other ideas are a coupon and hosting forum (one tied in with my affiliate hosting thing).

I wish Anime was more mainstream and we would have more anime communities. I am also in the paranormal so sites like that would be great too!
I had a paranormal forum a few years ago. It didn't really see much traffic unfortunately, and thus I closed the forum. I kind of wish I kept it going though... I like to browse r/Paranormal but I feel their rules are a bit strict. I posted on there and I had to use Soundcloud to upload the EVP I shared, since they didn't allow any other site to share audio clips.

Since the rising cost of live streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, perhaps a niche in the world of physical media? Where people could set up trades or talk about where the best place to find DVD's or Blu-Rays?

Since the rising cost of live streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, perhaps a niche in the world of physical media? Where people could set up trades or talk about where the best place to find DVD's or Blu-Rays?
Big box stores like Walmart are getting rid of physical media unfortunately, but hey perhaps creating a community for physical media enthusiasts could be interesting!

I was once using a forum that was a resource site for online work opportunities. All the discussions were surrounded on online gigs. I wish there were more forums like this.

That's a good system that they have for the buying, selling, and trading of physical media. Especially now as big box stores are removing media.
I remember someone sharing that link with me at one point, but when you search "movie forums" on Google you get quite a few similar results, so the niche is spread far and wide.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor