Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General IPv6 user connections

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Tracy

Royal member
Credits
Anyone else notice (for those who support IPv6 connections) the increasing numbers of visitors (if not members) that are now connecting to your site via IPv6?
I debated enabling it on my VPS (I get a slew of addresses free).. and decided finally to support it natively on each site I run. I am finding more and more connections from actual valid ISP's via those IPv6 connections when compared to even a year ago.
I realize that if you use CloudFlare you have an "easy out" on redirecting those IPv6 connections to your IPv4 one... but for those who don't use CloudFlare (or similar)... I would actively encourage you to enable IPv6 connections for your site.
If you don't support IPv6 (or have the ability upstream to convert IPv6 to your IPv4) addresses... I would encourage you to investigate being able to do so.
Fairly sure this was a REAL guest user... logs show they were downloading a file that is sought after in my niche since the developers site is not longer available.

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 4.00.40 AM.png

As an aside... my resource area on my XF site is one of the higher targeted locations (which this user was downloading PIPP)... after that are my reviews and articles... which I am perfectly happy with as my site is ran more for user information acquisition than user/member posts in a forum.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest