How much do you interact with the members on your community?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.
Renowned member
Credits
As a forum owner, how much do you interact with the members on your community? How much do you think the forum owner or admin should interact with the community?

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I always make sure to reply to the posts, answer questions, as well as create topics that have not been covered yet.

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
I definitely think a forum owner and an admin should interact frequently. Sometimes there are days where someone is not able to get on, but when available I would say at least an hour a day interacting with posts and profiles. Really 2 hours would be ideal.

Reputable member
Credits
I hardly even post these days. The forum isn't suffering because of it. Most I do is run a quiz and start a few competitions, that's about it.

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Depends. My well-established community has a large staff of trustworthy members and I can disappear for long periods of time and it just keeps growing.

On the other hand, my new fledgling community project requires that I post something daily and respond often as appropriate to keep it growing. If I didn't do that, it would sink.

Service Manager
Administrator
Credits
I don't have my own forum but I love to engage a lot with the members of my favorite forums. I like to know them as much as I can and try to connect to them at a personal level. 😊

I feel forum owners must do that as well whenever they get time. It enhances more trust and sense of belonging among the members.

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
There is nothing more annoying than forum owners not being readily accessible to their members. It will be as if the owner is nonexistent and that is harmful to any forum. They need to see you being active with them, very important.

Kicking Around
Credits
Not enough that I would like, I mean as soon as I log into the site I get active then with other things going on I leave it for a while and days have been and gone again. I do get active with other places though but I do not think that I'm that interactive to other people.

Reputable member
Credits
I try to stay involved as much as possible. All communities, especially small communities benefit from admins being highly interactive.

Credits
Usually, I just act like one of them until I have to become the "bad guy" and moderate. If I'm interested in a topic, I post. If I'm not, I don't (setting help topics and "how do I" topics aside).

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Credits
I try to post on every topic I can relate to and if I can add something of value by quoting a user's post I will generally react directly with them.

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest