Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you get traffic on your Twitter?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Twitter is one of most active social media platforms in the world with massive chatters going on in it everyday. Whatever that's trending everyday is on Twitter. But why is getting traffic from twitter to one's forum that difficult?

What's the best way for one to tap in on the traffic pool on Twitter in and be able to push some of it to forums?

Because in recent times especially, links offsite are getting more and more discouraged, to the point where it's often better to put out a tweet with something engaging on it like a picture - then have the link in the reply.

We've also seen cases where Twitter's algorithm actively punishes certain link targets (e.g. anything on Substack recently was absolutely pummelled by 'the algorithm'), but in general it's just... they don't want you leaving. Forums are just another casualty in this.

With TwitterPater, I don't really worry about it. Elon is more interested in recovering the maximum funds he can than what works well for the users.
Classic case is their recent "Your app has been disabled, rejoin with the free account and give us your cellular number so we can sell it to third parties for money" routine that they have done.
I'll continue to post links to my site on my Twitter account for the page.. but if they want to play games, I'll kick them to the curb as quickly as I did TAZ. But I DO have a benefit over many others.. I simply don't run my site based upon trying to get users and "increase my user/post base". I run my site simply because I want to and it gives ME a place to post my thoughts, accumulated knowledge and such. Unluckily... many run their sites with the ultimate goal of "getting rich/making money". Some of the other of use simply choose to share knowledge.

Last edited:
If Elon truly were actually interested in recovering the maximum funds, he'd have put it back how it was before he took over - namely not screwing up the algorithm, not scaring off the advertisers who made up most of the revenue etc...

If Elon truly were actually interested in recovering the maximum funds, he'd have put it back how it was before he took over - namely not screwing up the algorithm, not scaring off the advertisers who made up most of the revenue etc...
Or "scaring" his "developers" into providing him additional information that he can sell to recoup the funds he stupidly expended because "it sounded good" to simply keep "Twitter Logins" available on a site.
It is one reason I've disabled Twitter Logins... their "excuse" is that they want to be able to contact you with an issue.....well, in the over 13 years I've had a Google Voice number I've NEVER had an SMS or phone call not go through that I am aware of.... yet Twitter will not accept a Google Voice number as a valid contact point... gotta make you wonder why. Can I jump through a multitude of hoops to get it to work? Yep, but why should I. If the ACTUAL need is to simply contact you, then it should suffice.
But honestly.. why... exactly HOW many users use the Twitter account to log into most sites?

Last edited:
I would love to know the secret on how to get followers. It was suggested to me to start following others and maybe they'll follow me in return. I started doing that and it got me 1 person...at least I think it was on Twitter. I'm on a couple of the other sites that are similar as well.

When I did use it I used hashtags quite frequently. It worked quite a bit to get guests on forums actually. I haven't used it in recent years so not sure if that has really changed. I remember there used to be a "follow for follow" and you could do that as a hashtag as well and just get people to follow you because you follow them.

When I did use it I used hashtags quite frequently. It worked quite a bit to get guests on forums actually. I haven't used it in recent years so not sure if that has really changed. I remember there used to be a "follow for follow" and you could do that as a hashtag as well and just get people to follow you because you follow them.

I'll have to look into that! I don't even really see people posting hashtags as often? But I'm also not on it enough since I'm really spread out with all I need to do to keep my forum going.

I'll have to look into that! I don't even really see people posting hashtags as often? But I'm also not on it enough since I'm really spread out with all I need to do to keep my forum going.
I looked at the popular hashtags of the day and figure out a way to relate them to something on my forum. They had a list of the top like 10-20 hashtags. I think it didn't get many members to join but I did see a big rush of guests from it frequently.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest