Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Forum Screenshots/Memories From the Past

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
This is a thread where you can post screenshots from the past! Favorite forums can be found at https://archive.org/web/ let's bring back some history in this thread. I even have some screenshots saved to this computer to share... Let's share favorite posts/themes/memories here!

Here was one of my favorite themes that were made for Atrium by the amazing Jamie. I'm still in utter love with that theme. I would have used it all year long lol. Some awesome names are on this screenshot. This was when Dynamo was messing up so I was taking a screenshot for that.

1TRJ9Sh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the very first snapshot of Might No. 9 Universe that the Wayback Machine captured. Looking at this brings back memories, this was my most successful forum in terms of number of members as well as activity. I made it right after Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter project was announced. We started on prophpbb but then made the switch to self hosting not too long after. I was 23 years old so this was already a decade ago which is hard to believe. Eventually we moved to Invision, then moved to Jcink since I couldn't keep up with the cost of Invision. I never should have moved software, my co-admin was more familiar with phpBB and after we moved he didn't really get back online much. Sometimes I wonder if I could bring the forum back, I believe I do have a backup of the forums on my spouse's laptop, I have to look at the hard drive since I took it out of the laptop. I don't really think it's worth bringing back though, Mighty No. 9 was mediocre, and just a few years later after the game came out Mega Man 11 was released. Mighty No. 9 was supposed to be the spiritual successor to Mega Man and was announced during a time where Capcom wasn't releasing new Mega Man games. Anyways I think I rambled on too long, here's a snapshot of Mighty No. 9 Universe:

Man I wish the theme worked. I’ve had trouble finding pictures of it since I lost that laptop and would love to get it remade. I might have to try to make a photoshop mock up.IMG_4443.jpeg

I feel like I poured my heart and soul into this board as a teenager into my younger twenties. I was on it every second of the day it felt like.

So crazy the amount of time we put into our projects! I don't think I was a member, or at least if I was I was not an active one - but it truly seems like it was an amazing forum!

So crazy the amount of time we put into our projects! I don't think I was a member, or at least if I was I was not an active one - but it truly seems like it was an amazing forum!
It was fun while it lasted. The indexes of all the codes and skins that I manually built at the time are what really drew people in, I think, but once I willingly and accidentally gave those to the official support board, I don't think Big Boards gained as much traction as before.

This is the last screenshot of a general discussion forum I ran back in 2014/2015 called Chillerr. My most successful forum ever. I ended up selling it, because I didn’t make the wisest decisions back then, but great memories nonetheless. I tried recreating Chillerr over the years but it was never the same.

EXoo2tm.png
1sYw99l.png

I can look into it but can not make any promises.

@Sinistra if you could post the old version that you were running along with the new version so I know what Im dealing with I will try to see if I can find enough info about it to be of help.

maybe you could import it into a fresh install of an IPB version closer to the one that forum and upgrade it then export and import into new forum.
yeah I haven't tried that yet, me and the support team are going at it in the forums over there about it. lol anywho back on topic.
This was the website I was admin at and did all the skin designs and mod installs. it's dead now, got taken over by a add hungry guy and it went down hill from there lol Screenshot 2023-09-28 140942.png

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor