Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Etsy Vs eBay

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Etsy specializes in hand crafted items, however, you can also sell print on demand products and digital products. eBay specializes in second hand items, but you can also sell new items. Have you used these platforms, have you made money on these platforms? Which platform is easier when it comes to selling online?

I haven't shopped on ESTY but I have done some transactions on eBay in the past.

We have local stores close to the art and crafts center where I go and get hand crafted goods if I am in need of one.

I have sold anything on both Etsy or Ebay. I have only purchased items from both of them and I liked what I got. I'm planning on setting up a shop on ebay soon.

I have been using both eBay and Etsy for purchasing items online for so many years. I tend to find products more cheaper on ebay and it's why I use it more often than Amazon.

Etsy is by far the smallest marketplace of all other online shops and is roughly 25 times smaller than Ebay. As a result, I don't really watch out for too many sales from Etsy.

I have looked at Etsy, but never bought anything there. It just does not appeal to me. I have used Ebay for decades and made a lot of purchases and sales there.

I use eBay and have been using it for years now. I have both, sold and bought stuff on there. I like how eBay works and how easy it is to buy and sell stuff with their smartphone app. It’s my primary online shopping go-to.

I have looked at Etsy, but never bought anything there. It just does not appeal to me. I have used Ebay for decades and made a lot of purchases and sales there.
They have very well sustained ebay for a very long time now. At one point, I was thinking that the competition from Amazon would hinder ebay but it didn't.

i am more conversant with the ebay platform, i have known ebay since 2017 and bought an online course to teach me how to properly maximize the platfrom, i even set up a profile there to sell some stuffs but i was not successful with it at the time. so i would probably try out the etsy platform as well.

I use eBay and have been using it for years now. I have both, sold and bought stuff on there. I like how eBay works and how easy it is to buy and sell stuff with their smartphone app. It’s my primary online shopping go-to.
It's a lot more easier to sell items or products on ebay than on any other platforms from my experience. It's why you have a lot of people listing their products on ebay.

It's a lot more easier to sell items or products on ebay than on any other platforms from my experience. It's why you have a lot of people listing their products on ebay.
Indeed, I remember before the app came along I’d have to use a scanner to scan TCG cards to sell. That was kind of a hassle, their app is very convenient.

Indeed, I remember before the app came along I’d have to use a scanner to scan TCG cards to sell. That was kind of a hassle, their app is very convenient.
Exactly! It was so stressful to sell anything at the time but thank the heavens for what technology advancement in the online shopping sector have done for us. Now, you can sit at the comfort of your home and make sales worth millions of dollars.

have been utilizing both eBay and Etsy for years to make purchases online.
I use eBay more frequently than Amazon because I typically locate things there for less money.

For years, I have made purchases online using both eBay and Etsy.
Because I can usually find items there for less money, I use eBay more often than Amazon.

EBay is my preference when it comes to shopping online. I have a lot of items that I bought from the online store and they lasted.

From my understanding if you're trying to do a business off either, Ebay is more friendly towards businesses than Etsy. Etsy has changed a lot in recent years, a lot of artists argue for the worse. My favorite place to buy stuff online though is Etsy and Mercari, mostly cause I'm cheap, lol.

EBay is of course friendly towards business, however, etsy is better for its niche market. It is easier to sell on etsy compared to ebay. Your experience, might be different though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor