Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think a Pet Care forum can work?

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
One niche I haven't seen much of is a pet care community. I think I've seen one community that goes into detail on how to take care of fish, but I haven't really seen a forum dedicated for other pets like cats, dogs, birds, etc. In this day and age, do you think a pet care forum could thrive? Or would it be better to have a pet care section in a general discussion forum?

I think any forum could work if the admin was dedicated enough to find members and to advertise in a way it would attract pet owners. Obviously it would take a bit longer to find members etc but any forum is manageable.

I think it could thrive but I think you'd have to deal with a segment of users who insist they know best about pet care and who are also provably wrong. The kind of people who feed their cats vegan diets because they're also vegan without understanding that cats are obligate carnivores and cannot function on an all-plant diet without at the very least taurine supplements (because it's something they can't produce themselves), and likely other nutrients they wouldn't get - but these people won't be told 'no'.

I think you'd have a job getting people off Facebook Groups (which is where a cursory sampling suggested the highest current concentration would be) and I think you'd really want to improve the functionality in the forum for getting images in; pets and pet care is a subject where images really help and the avergae 'attachments' functionality, while functional, is not as easy to use as Facebook.

One niche I haven't seen much of is a pet care community. I think I've seen one community that goes into detail on how to take care of fish, but I haven't really seen a forum dedicated for other pets like cats, dogs, birds, etc. In this day and age, do you think a pet care forum could thrive? Or would it be better to have a pet care section in a general discussion forum?
As much money as people spend on pets, especially in America where I read in 2021 Americans spent around $110 Billion Dollars on their pets, absolutely this could be a great niche forum. Given the right setup, quality of forum and content, this is a kind of forum community where a person could make a great living from a website forum if done right. I'm surprised there isn't more pet care forums out there given how much people care and spend on their pets. People in America care so much about their pets that there's APPS where people hire people to come to their homes and pet, feed, spend time with their cats, dogs while the owners are out of town or on vacation. There is websites like rover.com where it's just like UBER and lyft, hire someone at the blink of an eye to spend time with your cat or dog while your away.

It is going to take more than a simple effort to make a pet care forum work. The members would like to see the forum owner making lots of contents on animal niche. Getting members that are interested is not easy at the start too.

Yeah, you will need to make some content and everything for sure. I'd perhaps even consider seeing if you could work with other pet care blogs, forums, etc on content etc.

It is going to take more than a simple effort to make a pet care forum work. The members would like to see the forum owner making lots of contents on animal niche. Getting members that are interested is not easy at the start too.
No doubt, I totally agree. But with any new forum/community where the odds of surviving is so heavily stacked against you, it will take a lot of expertise, great content and have that something a little different and unique to offer people or in this case pet owners. You simply can't have (no pun intended) a copycat forum and expect to survive in these times of social media.

No doubt, I totally agree. But with any new forum/community where the odds of surviving is so heavily stacked against you, it will take a lot of expertise, great content and have that something a little different and unique to offer people or in this case pet owners. You simply can't have (no pun intended) a copycat forum and expect to survive in these times of social media.
For sure! I think you'll need to put in a lot of effort to get this forum going.

Some niches take a lot more work and luck than other niches. Can it work, sure, if you can pour in the work it needs.
Agreed. This seems like a niche that would require some more effort than others.

It is simply about the amount of time the forum owner decides to spend. You know it is not same for everywhere especially when the forum is a general one where members can help build contents too.

Is it going to only be cats and dogs or offer other pet support? You need a method to deal with pet owners arguing over ethical animal care as well (we see this all the time with betta fish)

Seriously, it's something that I would be interested in being on too because it's a reality that we all love our pets and willing to do anything that's going to help us take very good care of them. I have seen a Dog Forum and Cats Forum recently, they both look great.

I think it could work. I was thinking that people search "Why does my cat do..." and then the forum could pop up! I know a lot of people search things about pets. "Best calm breed of dogs" those sorts of articles. There is a wide span of topics to discuss as well. I've seen a pets discussion on general forums, and they go okay - but I don't recall big discussions made about the pets other than what animal do you have and etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest