Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Strategies Do you tend to jump on trends for forum ideas?

Ideas, innovation, and strategy planning.

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Something I have seen become popular is how many tend to jump on trends when they start a new forum. It can either be a new gadget, a new game or maybe an idea they have thought of that no one else has done that starts to become a trend over time.

I guess one thing about jumping on trends for forum ideas is that those trends soon die off and there is always that possibility that it could affect the forum in the long run.

Do you tend to jump on trends for forum ideas?

Not really, I just set up my board however I feel is the best way to conceive it and hope for the best. I try to put my visions of what the board should look like and be about to the test instead of following trends. I don't even pay much attention to "forum trends", to begin with.

I'll admit I've done this quite a few times and really I shouldn't have done so. Now I just make communities for my favorite interests and do things my own way rather than following trends.

I like to work on profitable niches. I do not jump on the trends. My forum ideas are based on the search value and difficulty level of the topic (in terms of traffic)

Not really. If anything, I do the exact opposite: I try to build for the long-term :p .

Something I have seen become popular is how many tend to jump on trends when they start a new forum. It can either be a new gadget, a new game or maybe an idea they have thought of that no one else has done that starts to become a trend over time.

I guess one thing about jumping on trends for forum ideas is that those trends soon die off and there is always that possibility that it could affect the forum in the long run.

Do you tend to jump on trends for forum ideas?

As far as building a gaming community is concerned it would certainly be ill-advised. I was part of a gaming forum that survived for a few years after the servers for the game itself had shut down, and it morphed into a social/ friends forum on all things gaming, political, religious, societal trends etc. But even then it was basically about 5 -6 people posting and keeping alive with several people viewing and some occasionally popping in to bring something up, usually on the original game which they were still playing offline.

But it faded out completely eventually, and I would view "trends" in the same way. It becomes laborious trying to prop up a community when the entire basis of it being formed will eventually ride off into the sunset.

If you jump into it every now and then it can bring spice into your forum. You should not overdo it though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest