Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have a donate button on your community?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Often admins allow donations to help cover expenses like web hosting, license costs, domain costs, add-on's, etc. They are often rewarded with a Premium Membership. Do you allow members to send you donations? What kind of rewards have you setup ?

I do not, in fact some admins try to offer me money for my work and I always tell them that’s not necessary since I do what I do as a hobby and nothing more.

When I had my general chat forum I did have a small donate button on the page where it could be seen but wasn't intrusive at all for the community I had built and was building. I felt that how I had the button placed and the size of it meant that people would see it but wouldn't feel as though I was pushing it in their faces so to speak and it was an option for them to donate if they wished to without feeling like they had to.

It will be once I'm done making the site. Just casually drop it around the top of your site in an aesthetically pleasing way. That way members know it's there but there's zero pressure to use it.

I used to have a donate button on things many years ago but these days I can comfortably cover the cost of hosting/etc. and would rather people put their money to a good cause than to me.

I have in the past. I don't think it is necessary at all honestly. I am not in it to make a bunch of money. Running/owning a forum to me is just a hobby and/or side project.

I usually make a premium member feature but I really don't promote it.

I can cover the costs but if folks want to help, I'm open to letting them :) I think it's better to say yes when people want to help than to say no. It can offend someone if you turn them down.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest