Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Content Creation Do you do posting exchanges?

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.

JennyorAlice

Renowned member
Credits
Do you do exchanges with other people? Why or why not?

Do you prefer to do one time exchanges or active exchanges?

I am frequently involved with post exchanges. However, because of my hectic schedule I have not done exchanges for a long time

If I have the time to dedicate to post exchanges then I will take part in them and I do enjoy doing them as well.

With me being a freelance writer though and offering services, sometimes my schedule can be quite hectic so they are not always something that I tend to use.

I mainly do one-time exchanges where we do X posts for X posts. I don't do exchanges very often, but it's still an interest I have in generating more content on my forum. I mostly let people come to my post-exchange topic if they wish to do exchanges with me unless I have a keen interest in their board then I may offer to do an exchange with them.

I try to when/if there's interest in any threads I start. I find it's harder to get exchanges nowadays though.

I've got a request for exchanges on the exchange section of Admin Junkies, but haven't had any takers. I've just finished an exchange with another member, although it did take me little while to get them all done - but I think having them spread out is actually better

I used to request packages at the beginning of the community to start some extra traffic. Eventually organic traffic begins. At forums that had these I would let my credits build up and randomly I would request packages but was infrequent at that point. I think it’s a great way to start getting some activity on your forum at the beginning.

Yep I'm currently doing a daily exchange with a couple of forums right now. It's a good way to keep activity going on your forum and to help out other admins.

Post exchanges is one of the best ways to get content and traffic to your forum when you don't have money to pay for posts. You just need to have time to contribute to others forums and get some in yours in return.

I used to do it when i had my forum. It's a great way to get to know other people outside your circle on other forums and also to create content on your own.

I don't do posting exchanges because I don't own a forum/blog site, hehe. But yeah, I feel it's a great way to collaborate with fellow owners and spread the word about your place through it. The person might learn a lot about your forum while they actually log into it and start browsing through all the sections, topics, posts and feel what it is all about. It might also potentially contribute to initiation of some next level long term collaborations as well.

I love post exchanges but I'm moving toward daily ones, and really near-daily ones, because I need people there nearly every day. I appreciate the work people do but it's big posts and then leave.

Yes. I'm a forum-junkie and a prolific writer. I'm capable of holding an interest in a number of topics. I also believe in supporting one another.

I prefer an active exchange, but that's not always what I get. This is my preference because I think it looks better to see the activity spread out, with conversational style replies in the same topic. The one time exchanges where someone comes in, drops 10 posts or topics within a half an hour, and then disappears and doesn't respond to replies looks weird. One of my regulars commented on someone doing this "You must be bored today" lol because he dropped several topics back to back in record time, lol.

Usually whomever I exchange with benefits more than I do, because I will keep coming back to carry on the discussion if certain replies are directed towards me.

The last time had participated in an exchange was way back in the Postloop days. Been meaning to start one up with a few others here to help not only those other forums but mine as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest