Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Community News Broadcast

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
I was wondering if there would be interest in me bringing the latest news around other forums. Could be newly upcoming forums, staff changes, new services, add ons, major changes, etc. A kind of reporting article around said forum to be read in our articles section.

Hmm.

On the one hand a one-stop-shop of useful forum information would be interesting but outside of the forum vendors and a round-up of their activity, I'm not sure what else would be useful to this audience. Maybe something related to SEO and whatever Matt Cutts has to say (if he's still even doing the Google thing, that shows you how long it's been since I cared about SEO in a serious way, hah)

It worked with ZNB(Zathyus News Broadcast) because those of us who made forums with Zetaboards and Invisionfree saw ourselves as part of a bigger community so it had a place. These days, we don't have that anymore as each forum is its own community and does not believe itself to be a part of anything bigger. In a sense, each board is its own island with no connection to anything else so I doubt the interest will be there to sustain such a board as people just won't be interested in hearing about boards that have no vested interest in are doing.

It actually sounds like something pretty cool and worth trying. I could see a group style newsletter being very popular and very useful, the question remains however, if it is useful to the membership of this forum. If it does take off, it would also be a great opportunity for some monetization as you can always charge a small fee or something along that line for people to have their news included in the article.

However, I feel like the best end game would be to get this article in the hands of potential forum users and not exactly the pile of forum administrators that are on this site. Which does present a small logistical problem.

It could indeed be interesting, but also time-consuming. The points above made as there not being so much of a "snowglobe" of forums these days do seem to stand true and communities are left to their own primary focus. But if this would be done I also agree that the administrator shouldn't take on the task and possibly hire someone to do the searching out of forum news. The internet is massive and some forums may think you are favoring them by putting them in the spotlight when their forum wasn't put in the spotlight. It's a tricky thing to commit to.

It could indeed be interesting, but also time-consuming. The points above made as there not being so much of a "snowglobe" of forums these days do seem to stand true and communities are left to their own primary focus. But if this would be done I also agree that the administrator shouldn't take on the task and possibly hire someone to do the searching out of forum news. The internet is massive and some forums may think you are favoring them by putting them in the spotlight when their forum wasn't put in the spotlight. It's a tricky thing to commit to.
That’s a good idea! I’ll keep that in mind. There would also be an option to tip us off of any news that might be worthwhile, by members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest