Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Amazon Vs. Etsy

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Amazon is one of the top 10 ecommerce marketplaces in terms of traffic and userbase. While Etsy is not as big as Amazon, it also happens to be one of the top 20 ecommerce marketplaces in terms of users and traffic. Have you tried selling on Etsy and Amazon? Which platform is better for small business owners?

I haven't shopped on either Etsy or Amazon and that's because it usually takes a lot of time for goods shopped on Amazon to get to our location so I just online stores that are fully operational in my region like konga and jumai.

I have used Etsy services once or twice and it's good from my experience. Amazon have been my first choice and I have always loved their services too. But I think that Etsy will be better fit for small businesses.

Amazon is a very big platform to give more attention to small business. I believe that Etsy would be a very good option for small businesses to key in grow at their own pace. Amazon on the other hand will give you a better experience with online shopping.

Amazon surely has a bigger market share when it comes to online selling than Etsy due to its massive scale and enormous customer base and Etsy's commission rates are much lower - and are standardised regardless of category

I've occasionally used Etsy services, and I've found them to be satisfactory.
My initial preference has always been Amazon, and I have always appreciated their services.
However, I believe that Etsy will be more suitable for small enterprises.

Amazon surely has a bigger market share when it comes to online selling than Etsy due to its massive scale and enormous customer base and Etsy's commission rates are much lower - and are standardised regardless of category
I have never seen a way to earn Etsy Gift Cards for free, but I have hundreds of dollars worth of Amazon Gift Cards that never expire.

Amazon seems to be the most popular one and that's the one I have an understanding of. I don't really know much about esty. For Esty I can't say anything about it because I've never carried out any research about it.

For what I sell (craft items) Etsy is my best bet for selling. The reason is because it caters to crafters more than Amazon (who, btw, is starting to get more into the made at home items). The problem comes when businesses raise their rates for taking a cut of what you earn and you end up making less money from your products.

Amazon could be a exceptionally enormous stage to provide more consideration to little business. I accept that Etsy would be an awfully great choice for little businesses to key in develop at their possess pace. Amazon on the other hand will grant you distant better;a much better;a higher;a stronger;an improved">a stronger involvement with online shopping.

To promote small businesses more, Amazon is a very large platform. Etsy, in my opinion, would be a fantastic choice for small businesses looking to grow at their own pace. Your online shopping experience will be improved if you use Amazon instead.

Etsy has more customizable options, as a buyer I typically go there for things that I want more specifically. Amazon is a great source to use to find more typical items that aren't necessarily customized. I like that Etsy allows for creativity - I know that Etsy has expensive costs for sellers I believe, I don't think it's shipping... It's just something I've heard though.

Etsy is better for those looking for higher quality products that are usually handmade, whereas Amazon just has a bunch of third party sellers that sell things in bulk. Lately I feel that a lot of the stuff from Amazon have been either hit or miss, I've bought t-shirts from Amazon that barely lasted. Most of those sellers will send off business cards that say if you give them a positive review you'll get a free gift, and I feel that's why a lot of lower quality stuff is popping up more on Amazon. People rate them with five stars and more and more people end up buying the stuff.

I do both Amazon and Etsy. I use Amazon for most orders for just about anything, most people would. Prime also. Etsy is my go-to place for getting nice gifts and not to mention you see products that you do not see elsewhere :) Homemade items ;)

Sales will be better on Amazon, but you are dealing with a different type of customer base. But depends on what you are seeking if you looking at both options to sell. More so than buy. Me, I buy and never sold anything via both networks.

I did buy a custom desk though via https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/IndustrialWoodWork?ref=l2-about-shopname this year ;) and plus more

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest