Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

AI Art on Social Media

Jason

Royal member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
A lot of people are getting angry with AI on social media pages related to nature photography. I can't really blame them. Anyway, some of the AI art is good, though, but not all, and some would argue nature has the best art naturally.

I've used an AI to generate some art before, for my own personal use (mostly, pictures of RPG characters).

However, there are still certain things that it struggles with. For example, I asked it to draw a centaur - and it came back with this mess:

3WUSOIf.jpeg

As you can see, the AI made a complete pig's ear of this request. I was hoping to get a picture of a mythical creature, with the head and torso of a human and the body and legs of a horse. But, that's not what I've got here: it's a woman missing a leg, who's riding a headless horse - and next to her, there's a legless horse that's presumably just floating above the ground. It just seems to be a mish-mash of human and horse bits that doesn't exist in the real world 🤦‍♂️.

AI is not at a point where it consistently produces enough bangers for people to see it as comparable to conventional (although lets be real, most stuff in a saturated environment is going to be junk/meh and we're only going to talk about high or top picks), but with the right prompts and circumstances it's rather competitive. And this will only change in favor of the AI the longer it goes on unchanged. People's fuss tend to be the ethical concern of how the AI got off its feet in the first place scraping images without consent.

As nature photography goes people are looking for well, actual nature, not whatever a computer ripped up out of other people's pictures. If it serves a clear demonstrative purpose and is clearly tagged as AI it might get less pushback.

I know several artists that look at AI generated art as something that could eventually take over. That centaur example is completely bonkers and perfect all at the same time. I think that too many people are relying on AI for art way too much.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest