Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Affiliate Monetization

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
Often times affiliates are a free service people provide. It's a way to build a loop in a sense. One person will have their affiliate image at the bottom of their forum, and that other person will post the first person's on theirs as well. It's typically a free service because it's a trade for trade. Have any of you considered affiliates becoming monetized? You allow for affiliates to be on your forum, but for a cost, perhaps $5 per month to be there on the footer.

Would you consider this service?

I haven't tried it myself, I guess it depends on how much value it would bring to the advertised community. Even if other communities would be willing to pay, I don't think I'd feel comfortable charging for a service that won't be beneficial for them. I'd much rather charge them for banner ads as they will at least be seen by more people.

It is advisable to use affiliate programs which track accurately and have a high conversion rate , some programs have very low conversion rates or do not track the conversions accurately. A lot of time is wasted testing the programs

I have an affiliation setup and banners, however, never thought about earning money from it. I end up doing exchanges with other sites mostly. I mean it has helped then it has not helped. That reminded me that I need to check them to see if they are still holding up on their end.

I have not used this kind of monetization method. My monetization involves using adsense or amazon ads and I make money through ad engagements.

I'm considering doing this on my blog. I can affiliate with Amazon or the big chain book stores like Books-a-Million and Barnes & Noble (or all of them to cover all basis).

Right now I'm just trying to get enough people to follow my blog though. I'm afraid that if I don't have enough people following/reading my blog then I'm afraid there wouldn't be enough to make it worth it.

I've never actually done this before. I just recently decided to dip my toes into earning money from my forum with adsense but I'm thinking about branching off to other monetization practices. If I could affiliate with Limited Run Games with my Gex forum that'd be awesome! They recently announced the Gex Trilogy for those out of the loop.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest