Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Site Management Advertisement Section

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
On advertising forums, administrator&webmaster forums, I would of course expect advertisements.... Do you think all forums should have an advertisement section on them? Do you have an advertisement section? I know many roleplay forums have advertising sections, but they require you to have them as well so they can advertise on yours as well.

What are your thoughts on having an advertising section on all niches of forums?

If you want to attract website owners to your forum, then you should add one.

I just started a new forum unrelated to websites and forums. I won't be adding an advertisement forum on it because I'm not trying to make another advertising forum haha

But for a forum that discusses that stuff, you almost have to include one if you want to go with the flow

And I think it's best not to have too many rules for posting on the advertising forum!

I know on my last few general forums we had an advertising section. People could advertise their art sites, forums, YouTube’s. It was a way to share what people do or enjoy.

I think it's a good earner. One of the sites in my niche (not a forum, but like a blog type thing) sells advert spaces direct to related companies at £500 a month each (but, they get a lot of views).

For me, if I was approached by a company I would make them space. Otherwise I'm just going to keep trying to get approved for AdSense!

Other then that, I would have no problem with people advertising within any subforum... as long as it flows into the conversations and isn't spammy. I would like for it to become a hub for all sorts, and if people want to spread their work and passion then why not :)

I don’t usually have a specific advertising section as I’ve never had forums in that niche. If members want to link to their content, as long as it’s relevant then that’s absolutely fine.

With my new forum, as it’s related to reading and writing, there is a promotion section for writers to promote their books. If they want to advertise their personal website with all of their work or a sales page etc then that’s accepted.

If it fits in, then sure. An admin site having advertising for users' websites, a gaming site having advertising for users; YouTube and such, Music sites having Bandcamp, etc. etc.

I always have a place for my members to share their communities and other projects. It's a good way to help others by spreading the word about their sites or other projects they're working on.

I am considering one, but I would require them to post enough to get to the second rank, currently at 25 posts. It isn't a ton of posts but it has them interact with the community a bit, which hopefully will get them to stick around and stay active after posting.

Each to their own. I have had an advertising section on my forum for nearly 20 years. Have no problem regular members advertising.

Just a small thing to encourage them to post in, and explore other boards on the site. Just so people don't do that as their very first post and basically go nowhere else on the site.

I think an advertisement section is not needed for all niches, especially specific niches of one subject. I used to have an advertisement section on my board, but ever since my friend created a directory for boards on the software, we prefer people use that instead.

Had a few people return recently after not logging in in months but just to advertise. Their advertising will be removed soon if that's all they returned for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest