Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Thinking of rebranding my site (1 Viewer)

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.

Senkusha

Recognized member
Website
www.animerpgs.com
Credits
I've had my web forum for over three years now, animerpgs.com. However, I'm not seeing the participation that I was hoping for. I personally enjoy getting into the heads of a fictional character and imagining being a piece of their world. Based on my prior experience in the role playing community, I thought that there would be more demand for the type of place where people could support one another in these fictional personas. However, that has not been the case. Most of the people that do post aren't interested in anime or role playing. I've tried other role playing sites, however, either there are specific bans against advertising other forums, or people aren't interested in joining up with yet another role playing site, especially one that has NO community. I've tried looking for like-minded people on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, even TikTok, however, I'm just not seeing that anybody is interested.

I've tried to expand my content to also include other creative writing projects, video game projects, custom table top role playing projects, collaborative story writing, but that hasn't worked either. I'm thinking of nuking what I do have and starting over again, maybe my posts just aren't entertaining. Maybe I should just create a blog about my [beloved] character's adventures instead? Maybe I just don't have the time or energy to devote to running a successful web-space anymore? Maybe, the harsh truth is that people really aren't just interested in role playing as anime characters anyway, and I'm just delusional?

Or maybe I'm just really depressed and my creativity isn't good enough?

I would take the time to reflect on what you want to do the most out of all the options you've listed. Do you have the time and energy to put into a blog about your character's backstory? Go down the blog route if you do, this way you only have your own character to flesh out and tell stories about that character. It'd be something unique, and perhaps if your audience really vibes with your character you can even make a Youtube channel and set up a v-tuber of your character where you can have a Q and A session.

Or would you rather have a community where you can talk with like minded people? Anime is a very popular niche, there's quite a few different communities based around it as a whole and it might be difficult to rebrand your forum as just a general anime discussion forum with no roleplaying aspects. If you don't want to rebrand, think of what you can offer to your members to get them engaging in conversations. Perhaps hold some contests and give out gifts like a subscription to Crunchyroll, or a key for a game based around the member's favorite anime. Either way I hope you can come to a conclusion on what you want to do with your community.

I've made a decision. Since I've gotten my spark back, and I'm falling in love with Unreal Engine once again, I'm thinking I'm going to move in the direction of anime role playing creation, since the written role playing hasn't done much. Now I can actively learn all the art programs I've been putting off, and provide tutorials for some of the simple stuff that I've been learning, and maybe start some conversations.

Now I just need to figure out a good web banner/logo.

I've made a decision. Since I've gotten my spark back, and I'm falling in love with Unreal Engine once again, I'm thinking I'm going to move in the direction of anime role playing creation, since the written role playing hasn't done much. Now I can actively learn all the art programs I've been putting off, and provide tutorials for some of the simple stuff that I've been learning, and maybe start some conversations.

Now I just need to figure out a good web banner/logo.
Oh that's cool! Best of luck with your new project and your community! I look forward to seeing the knowledge you share on the community as well as the game you're thinking about making.

I'd be interested in your expertise to develop a fun RPG room. I've started building it with GPT as the DM so I am not sure how it will go.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "fun RPG room"?

Thank you @Ravenfreak !
I have created an online role play forum utilising AI as the DM. I've been testing it recently and while it's not anime focused you had a good series of RPG on your site. It's not perfect and requires some moderation on the posts to make them look nice but so far I have really enjoyed creating it, I'm looking forward to engaging with other players but I'll need some humans with experience in creating the environments to help guide the stories.

I have created an online role play forum utilising AI as the DM. I've been testing it recently and while it's not anime focused you had a good series of RPG on your site. It's not perfect and requires some moderation on the posts to make them look nice but so far I have really enjoyed creating it, I'm looking forward to engaging with other players but I'll need some humans with experience in creating the environments to help guide the stories.
@Arantor also has great experience. I’ll let him know you need assistance, he might be of help. Hasn’t been online lately due a busy schedule but hopefully he’ll pop in in a while.

It is really hard to get users, or let's say active users, on a micro niche community. Maybe you could add few more categories in your site to incorporate other users.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest